Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

458 or new 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 04:36 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nigoape1 is an unknown quantity at this point
458 or new 991 GT3

hi everyone...

i'm in a stage of considering a 2nd hand 2011 458 or a brand new 991 GT3..and my question is will the performsnce on GT3 get anywhere near the 458??the PDK system interests me alot and its a newer car too.
the vehicle will be my daily car.

pls advise

Old 12-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Well, I think performance could be on a similar level..but you would be one of the first beta testers for the new 991 Gt3 engine, plus a 458 is a Ferrari..Im more a Porsche fan buts its clear that a 458 is more unique than a standard GT3. Plus, financially, youre probably loosing less with a second hand 458.

If your question was 991 GT3 RS or 4.0L or GT2RS vs 458..my answer would be different..but a standard GT3..is less than a 458..

Old 12-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
Second hand 458. As amazing as GT3's are, nothing compares to a Ferrari.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
I have to agree here even though I am not a 458 lover , Personally I would opt for an MP4-12C.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Here's my non-ownership experience. I've driven the 991 Carrera S in both coupe/cab and 7-speed/PDK formats and I've only ridden in a 458 Italia.

I am not a fan of the PDK at all, and seeing as how the new GT3 won't be available in a traditional manual I would opt for the Ferrari every single time. The steering, throttle response, transmission, sound, and overall experience much surpasses that of the Porsche. I know the GT3 isn't out yet, but with how good the new 991 is already I can't see the GT3 being that much better with a PDK.

Get the 458. Just my .02 though...

Old 12-29-2012, 11:16 PM
acf
Teamspeed Junior Member
acf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished road
Get the 458 now, by the time the 991 is out, trade or keep depending how you feel

Old 12-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Member
LUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud of
458!

Old 12-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
flitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond repute
458 versus GT3

Buy a second hand 458 now and enjoy it, and also put an order in for a 991 GT3. Decide what you want to do when the GT3 comes in. Could be a year until the new GT3 arrives. You'd have all of 2013 to enjoy the 458.

I bought a new 458 and totally loved it. Kept it for a year. Bought a used 2010 GT3 for fun, and totally loving it. The 458 was very refined with explosive performance. The GT3 is pretty raw and athletic. Both are very fun cars.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Gutsilk
Buy a second hand 458 now and enjoy it, and also put an order in for a 991 GT3. Decide what you want to do when the GT3 comes in. Could be a year until the new GT3 arrives. You'd have all of 2013 to enjoy the 458.

I bought a new 458 and totally loved it. Kept it for a year. Bought a used 2010 GT3 for fun, and totally loving it. The 458 was very refined with explosive performance. The GT3 is pretty raw and athletic. Both are very fun cars.
Congrats to your 2010 Gt3 ..but its a pitty you sold the 458..I mean that would have been a dream garage...458 + GT3..what else can one ask for?

Old 12-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed Member
Justin is on a distinguished roadJustin is on a distinguished roadJustin is on a distinguished roadJustin is on a distinguished roadJustin is on a distinguished road
Forget the 458, pick up a Scuderia, better design and there are some great cars available now.