Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

918 Spyder with Weissach Package and Other Options Build Sheet

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
^^^ Now THAT will sell! That's what a lot of people have wanted the 918 to be all along. Gorgeous styling, race bred V8, light weight..... Awesome!

Old 11-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
I guess I just don't get where Porsche is going to fit this car into their performance ladder.

If you take this information at face value only, unless the 961 is 100+ Kilos lighter than the 991 GT2RS - if there is one, as well as the rest of the competition ( 458 "Scud" & MP4-XXX") there is no way 570bhp is going to be enough of a threat to its competitors.

And why would anyone buy a 918 at nearly 3 times the price? They kinda look the same too...and for a half-million after some nice options...does it really look like a half-million dollar car?

A 991 GT2RS with PDK and a possible 600+bhp - if there is one, will have to be "slowed" in order to not outright destroy the 961 & 918 on any racetrack.

Last edited by Zeus; 11-01-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah maybe the 918, but the "961" doesn't even exist yet, so that assumption may be a bit early.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
at this level, with all the marques around the same performance ,a second here and there! does it really come into it?, the bottom line is there is a big gap in the middle, i know a couple of people who have funds available to buy a 918 that have said if it was cgt money they would have snapped it up and at around 250k they will sell them, personally i would consider it ,been driveing gt3./rs for a long time now and as much as i love them, a new flavor would be nice, take mine in rs form please!!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Zeus
I guess I just don't get where Porsche is going to fit this car into their performance ladder.

If you take this information at face value only, unless the 961 is 100+ Kilos lighter than the 991 GT2RS - if there is one, as well as the rest of the competition ( 458 "Scud" & MP4-XXX") there is no way 570bhp is going to be enough of a threat to its competitors.

And why would anyone buy a 918 at nearly 3 times the price? They kinda look the same too...and for a half-million after some nice options...does it really look like a half-million dollar car?

A 991 GT2RS with PDK and a possible 600+bhp - if there is one, will have to be "slowed" in order to not outright destroy the 961 & 918 on any racetrack.
Couldnt agree more..

by the way, if I remember correctly, auto express has already a few times confirmed things that proved to be wrong afterwards. Therefore, as long as Porsche doesnt confirm it officially - nothing is sure. Again, I personally do not believe it will happen..and I wouldnt say it if had no reason to believe it..