Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

918 Spyder with Weissach Package and Other Options Build Sheet

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Member
GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
Depending on what it is, the "Speed Charging Station" for $22K might be a bargain! LOL!
Probably look like this, but with a Porsche logo :

Old 10-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Member
-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all
Good luck Porsche. This technology can easily be outdated in 5-10 years. Fastest depreciating car ever?

Old 10-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Good luck Porsche. This technology can easily be outdated in 5-10 years. Fastest depreciating car ever?
Very well said. The idea of the Carrera GT can never be outdated as the philosophy of a mid engined, manual, RWD car with no frills has existed for as long as the supercar has.

Old 10-28-2012, 01:45 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
With Porsche trying to produce as many cars as they will be able to sell it will depreciate very fast. I really don't see anything unique enough to justify the price, for 1/3 cheaper we have a winner, but for this price there're many more attractive options.

And prices of options are worth a good laugh, bare CF body option on both Huayra and Veyron Vitesse looks like a true bargain in comparison.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jblack4083 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by -eztrader-
I think that's an exaggeration. Not only is the technology somewhat futuristic, the way its implemented and the complete package is definitely not going to be outdated in 5-10 years. At the most it would be more mainstream but DEFINITELY not outdated

Old 10-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I know much of the price is due to R&D and the advent of new technology. And I am sure much of this tech will trickle down to future models which translate into profit. But, like others have said, I think it will date the car rather quickly. Tech is a double-edged sword. The CGT got it right due to a focus on mechanical engineering rather than computer engineering. People want the CGT for the Feel.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
I know much of the price is due to R&D and the advent of new technology. And I am sure much of this tech will trickle down to future models which translate into profit. But, like others have said, I think it will date the car rather quickly. Tech is a double-edged sword. The CGT got it right due to a focus on mechanical engineering rather than computer engineering. People want the CGT for the Feel.
Well said - its high price is due to its R&D...but as you say..that makes the price so high that...

And I also fear - and I m quite sure - it will become the "fastest depreciating Porsche" ever..

With a 1 Million price tag almost I would guess that it will soon land after 2-3 years at half price or even less.

Or put differently, why would somebody in 10 years spend more money for a second hand 918 than a second hand GT2RS..at least with the GT2RS..youre still "driving"..

When there will one day only be hybrid cars..the 918 will be old news..nobody today wants to have an 10 year old computer..

Old 10-29-2012, 04:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Carrera
Very well said. The idea of the Carrera GT can never be outdated as the philosophy of a mid engined, manual, RWD car with no frills has existed for as long as the supercar has.
Perfectly summed up Carrera..

PS: another strenght of the C-GT compared to the 918 is for me that with the C-GT - and this was the wish from Porsche at the time - you can see all the mechanics..engine+ suspension..etc

Old 10-29-2012, 05:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
if porsche build the rumoured mid engine 960, that will sit right in the middle of there priceing band and will be a pretty much replacement for the cgt! which worries me that it wont be the 170k sterling thats being banded around! the new gt2/rs will be knocking towards 200k ,seems logical any new model with a real engine and all the things the members are talking about will see a price north of 250k! still here this may happen sometime in 2015!!!

Old 10-29-2012, 05:46 AM
d3a
Teamspeed Senior Member
d3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by goldencrust
if porsche build the rumoured mid engine 960, that will sit right in the middle of there priceing band and will be a pretty much replacement for the cgt! which worries me that it wont be the 170k sterling thats being banded around! the new gt2/rs will be knocking towards 200k ,seems logical any new model with a real engine and all the things the members are talking about will see a price north of 250k! still here this may happen sometime in 2015!!!
yes and imho porsche 960 will start from € 250k and with options will grow fast on € 300k zone....

Quick Reply: 918 Spyder with Weissach Package and Other Options Build Sheet