Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After market pipes for GT3 3.8 RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That's interesting. Any view on the filter?

http://www.fabspeed.com/997GT3_26.html

Old 09-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by woppum
That's interesting. Any view on the filter?

Porsche: 997 GT3/RS; 997.2 GT3 3.8L Competition Intake

Cant comment on that .. I had headers and exhaust for my 2007 997TT and it was awful it sounded awful and the fit quality wasnt good either. Champion MS installed so they are experienced.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I have found another option:

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/RS40AI.html

I'm ordering the 4.0 steering wheel!

Old 09-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
The black cal option that Suncoast also sells is thicker?
I have it, I think it looks better too, but you might like the 4.0 better.

Steering Wheel in Alcantara:Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment - Cayman Panamera Cayenn

My shop says 3.8 does not need bigger air intake and too expensive I think.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 09-16-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
My heart is set on the 4.0 wheel simply because I love the look of it and steel > plastic...
That black one does look nice too mind.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
If you like it get it of course.
I think it is a pity a 4.0 comes with the same steering wheels all the newer 2012 911 come, just with a red stripe. Might get a 4.0 soon, I better start liking it LOL.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Have you driven the 4.0 yet?
Is it worth the extra then, I find the 3.8 fast enough personally and much prefer the looks.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yes, I have driven it back to back with my 3.8 at Sebring.
Drives the same just 3 seconds a lap faster. I want it more just because it exist.

No one will let me drive a GT2RS, I think that would be a bigger challenge. Not more fun maybe certainly faster...I'm looking at both in the next couple of weeks.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Keep chasing that Pot of gold then
I see more value in keeping the rs and using the difference to contribute to the next stable addition, whatever that is...