Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 GT2 Last Drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
Post 993 GT2 Last Drive

Name:  IMG_0342.jpg
Views: 3070
Size:  172.9 KB

993 GT2 Last Drive

I recently drove the 993GT2 across the alps from Geneva to the South of France by the shortest, but slowest route available. Across all the highest passes. It was a great drive but also made me realize how little I am able to enjoy the car these days. As it increases in value I have driven it less and less and questioned more and more if it worth all that money.

So the car is now going to be auctioned off. I am quite sad about it but I was even more depressed looking at and realizing that I did not drive it.

If the car sells I hope the new owner will be able to enjoy it as much as I did when I first bought it almost 7 years ago.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Name:  IMG_0340.jpg
Views: 2348
Size:  152.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0344.jpg
Views: 3300
Size:  166.4 KB

Old 09-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Sad to hear but I bet these 7 years have been fun. You could always find another one later on, maybe at a higher price. But still

Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
What a car.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Gruezi, Bonjour H-Bo,

Thank you for these great pictures...what a masterpiec the 993 GT2 is...these pictures show agian to me that this is the "993 to have"...its really a pitty that you give it away. In your place I would have just kept it...just looking at it would make me happy. A 997 GT2 and 993 GT2..can one have a better garage?

Can I ask you for one last favour? As I own a 997 GT2 too - please tell us a bit more on the difference between the cars...driving feeling etc.

Many thanks and lets hope your GT2 will find a worthy owner...best would be if someone from TS would buy it and we would be kept up to date on its state...

thanks again,

Old 09-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Has to be tough to let go. Such a beautiful car.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:11 AM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
I bet it's hard to say goodbye. But way to go out with a bang!

Old 09-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Gruezi, Bonjour H-Bo,

Can I ask you for one last favour? As I own a 997 GT2 too - please tell us a bit more on the difference between the cars...driving feeling etc.

thanks again,
Its an excellent question and one that I have trouble answering honestly.

The 993 is in every respect a lesser car than the 997 gt2. The 997 is so much faster, more predictable, safer, etc. It is the better car. It is incredible how much Porsche was able to do with just two new models.

If both cars were released today and were sitting side by side at a dealership at the same price I can't think that they would sell a single 993.

The thing that completely and utterly clouds my judgment is my love of the shape, the history of the air-cooled engine and how rare they are, I have only ever seen 2 others. Every time I walked into the garage I would see it and think "holy crap there is a 993gt2!!! I can't believe it!!!.... oh yeah... its yours you idiot".

It was impossible for me not to drive and think.. I am driving a 993gt2, which made every journey amazing for me.

So although the 997 is a better car, it somehow isn't.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h-bo
I recently drove the 993gt2 across the alps from Geneva to the South of France by the shortest, but slowest route available. Across all the highest passes. It was a great drive but also made me realize how little I am able to enjoy the car these days. As it increases in value I have driven it less and less and questioned more and more if it worth all that money.

So the car is now going to be auctioned off. I am quite sad about it but I was even more depressed looking at and realizing that I did not drive it.

If the car sells I hope the new owner will be able to enjoy it as much as I did when I first bought it almost 7 years ago.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.
Such gorgeous scenery... amazing car! Sad but true if you dont drive it dont keep it, what of the 997GT2?

Old 09-06-2012, 10:28 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:28 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Which pass is that?

Quick Reply: 993 GT2 Last Drive