Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 GT2 Last Drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Teamspeed Member
ecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enough
Kumbaya

Old 09-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h-bo
Its an excellent question and one that I have trouble answering honestly.

The 993 is in every respect a lesser car than the 997 gt2. The 997 is so much faster, more predictable, safer, etc. It is the better car. It is incredible how much Porsche was able to do with just two new models.

If both cars were released today and were sitting side by side at a dealership at the same price I can't think that they would sell a single 993.

The thing that completely and utterly clouds my judgment is my love of the shape, the history of the air-cooled engine and how rare they are, I have only ever seen 2 others. Every time I walked into the garage I would see it and think "holy crap there is a 993gt2!!! I can't believe it!!!.... oh yeah... its yours you idiot".

It was impossible for me not to drive and think.. I am driving a 993gt2, which made every journey amazing for me.

So although the 997 is a better car, it somehow isn't.
So true. Although my car has absolutely nothing on yours, I hung on to my Lancer Evo solely on all the memories of rally events I've been to and watching Tommi Makinen flying through the forest. My love of the car was more of what the car represents and what it has done in motorsport and in the hands of the right driver. No nav, heated seats, insulation, stereo, meant that I just never drove it and therefore sold it.

Everyone has their reasons for selling but your GT2 is a THE holy grail of modern 911's dammnit! Keep it and put it in your living room and post pictures on teamspeed for all to enjoy

Old 09-12-2012, 06:06 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
eatbreathedrive is on a distinguished roadeatbreathedrive is on a distinguished road
Could you map the location on Google for us please?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Teamspeed Member
Manursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the rough
Wich auction house did you choose ?

Old 09-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
What a spectacular car that is. Always wanted one since i was a kid. We have one 993 Turbo here in Cyprus but needs a lot of work done to it. Im always thinking if i should get it and the guy is asking for 55K USD for it but i reckon it will need another good 30K to have it in pristine condition.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Really sad to hear this. But if it's ok with you.. Your car is very beautiful and very clean..

Best

Old 09-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
S4awd - I had lancer evo5 rs and it is the car I miss the most. I drove the same road in that at the time and now i spent a lot of time thinking that it was better suited. With the 993 I never knew how close I was to the limit, with the evo I was quite happy being way past it most of the time!

It will probably be easy to find a 993gt2 in well cared for condition if I ever change my mind but an evo.... Makkinen... You should never have sold it!

Old 09-14-2012, 07:08 AM
Teamspeed Member
430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Totally agree.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cyprus16M
What a spectacular car that is. Always wanted one since i was a kid. We have one 993 Turbo here in Cyprus but needs a lot of work done to it. Im always thinking if i should get it and the guy is asking for 55K USD for it but i reckon it will need another good 30K to have it in pristine condition.
I imagine we are around the same age then. 993 turbos and ferrari 355s were THE dream cars for me.

55k USD is a good price for a turbo, but it all depends on the work needed.

I was under the impression that cars in Cyprus had enormous import duties??

Old 09-17-2012, 08:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Cyprus16M
Originally Posted by eatbreathedrive
Could you map the location on Google for us please?
try "Col de la Bonette, Jausiers, France" and "Col du Galibier, Valloire, France" in google maps.

Quick Reply: 993 GT2 Last Drive