Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

996 White/Red White/Blue GT3rs's

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
996 White/Red White/Blue GT3rs's

I've been wondering some info about these, I have yet to see one in real life/pics of one in the US, all the ones I see are overseas, im a n00b when it comes to this. Can anyone give me some info as far as production numbers and quantity of them in the US?
I'm in love with the color schemes
This one is my fav

Old 06-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Great pic, I've always loved both color schemes on the 996 GT3.

The reason you haven't seen a US Spec one is because they never allowed them into the US, I believe due to not having passed crash regulations of the US (not that they wouldn't pass, but they didn't do enough testing). This is similar to what happened with the E46 M3 CSL.

But the 997 GT3 RS was allowed into the US.

Sorry, I don't have the production numbers, but I'm sure someone here does.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
no wonder, it makes sense.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:35 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
one of my fav color combos as well. the white/blue looks great also. it's a ROW car, not available in the US.

here is one for sale in monaco for 140K -> Classic Driver - CARS FOR SALE - Cars

Old 06-12-2008, 06:57 PM
B7R
Teamspeed's TeamGreen Racer
B7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond repute
996 Gt3 Rs

I believe this model was not released for the US Market ...
The 996 RS was offered in Only White .. with Red OR Blue decals
The total production of Blue units with PCCB were only 27

Old 06-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
BAHGT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!BAHGT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!BAHGT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!BAHGT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!BAHGT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!BAHGT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!BAHGT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!BAHGT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!BAHGT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!BAHGT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!BAHGT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by rjmontoya
Great pic, I've always loved both color schemes on the 996 GT3.

The reason you haven't seen a US Spec one is because they never allowed them into the US, I believe due to not having passed crash regulations of the US (not that they wouldn't pass, but they didn't do enough testing). This is similar to what happened with the E46 M3 CSL.

But the 997 GT3 RS was allowed into the US.

Sorry, I don't have the production numbers, but I'm sure someone here does.
I don't think that they wouldn't pass the crash reg. as they have sold the GT3 (MKII) in US which is exactly in terms of safety. I read somewhere that they only built 300 units (not sure)

Old 06-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
There are a couple here in the U.S.

My Dad's friend has one.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm not sure if you read my post, but I wasn't suggesting that they wouldn't pass crash regulations on account of safety, but because they didn't fully partake in all of the tests for the RS. Not saying this is definitely the reason, but it is at least the reason they didn't bring the CSL into the US.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:02 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
There was second hand White/red when I picked up the cayenne too bad I didnt get it because it was priced slightly more than a new C2S.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond repute
One of my all time favorite cars!!!!

Quick Reply: 996 White/Red White/Blue GT3rs's