Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

confused

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
confused

I was looking at prices of the 911 lineup and noticed something that doesn't make sense to me.

The 911 Turbo is going for $183,400 while the GT3RS is only $154,600.

I would have thought the GT3RS would have been the more expenince of the two.

I know that the RS is stripped of a few of the luxuries found in other models, but has a few extra goodies that make is more exclusive.

Plus why buy a GT3 RS when the Turbo 911 S is faster.

Can someone school me.

Thanks

Old 08-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Popcorn in hand.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
Through a series of profound logical statements, you had just conculded that car X was a steal when compared to the price of car Y.

And now you question why one would buy car X, because car Z is faster?

Amazing post.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
I was looking at prices of the 911 lineup and noticed something that doesn't make sense to me.

I know that the RS is stripped of a few of the luxuries found in other models, but has a few extra goodies that make is more exclusive.

Can someone school me.

Thanks

GT3RS is more of a purists car and without all the bells and whistles it is less $ then the TT just on the standard options in the TT alone (leather , NAV etc). Turbo for me is a better car as an only car and daily driver especially with the immediate power delivery on the low end whereas the RS requires the upper range to get going and lacks low end torque. But here you go this means nothing it is my personal preference.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Thanks for clearing that up for me, was just curiois. I would have figued the GT3 RS to be the Halo car for the 911 series and as such be faster and more pricier.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Lmfao got my popcorn ready

Old 08-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for clearing that up for me, was just curiois. I would have figued the GT3 RS to be the Halo car for the 911 series and as such be faster and more pricier.
The GT3 RS is considered the halo car because most say it offers the best driving experience, however the Turbo S is faster, but you have to remember faster doesn't always mean better.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
In Canadia you need AWD..

Old 08-27-2012, 12:09 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone school me.

Thanks
GT3's are out of production.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
lrattner is an unknown quantity at this point
The dart hit a higher price on the board for the Turbo than the RS. I's that simple with Porsche.

Last edited by lrattner; 08-28-2012 at 06:57 AM.

Quick Reply: confused