Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

confused

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
@Brobbins016 - I know the GT3 RS is out of Production, (Porsche still has it on their site (Canadian Site), seems outdated as the GT2 RS isn't even there)

@Carrera - lol I think we can all aggree that faster is always better. Personally I prefer Looks over speed.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure why a twin turbo civic type R with a flux capacitor isn't in the equation....looks better and is faster then both for a fraction of the cost!

Old 08-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
@Carrera - lol I think we can all aggree that faster is always better. Personally I prefer Looks over speed.
Not true all the time. The Turbo S is faster than the GT3 RS, but I guarantee most people wouldn't call it "better".

And what would you rather have?

This, which gets to 60 in 4.5 second:

Or this, which takes a full 1.2 seconds longer to get to 60:

Last edited by Carrera; 08-28-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
Not true all the time. The Turbo S is faster than the GT3 RS, but I guarantee most people wouldn't call it "better".

And what would you rather have?

This, which gets to 60 in 4.5 second:

Or this, which takes a full 1.2 seconds longer to get to 60:

Turbo S is a better day to day street car by a long shot there isn't even a discussion. If you are a track hound and like to have one purpose suited car the RS is the obvious choice.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
I'm going to be honest here and say I'd probably take the X6 over the outdated Porsche. Probably going to take some heat about that comment. lol

And truth be told porsche isn't in my top five of cars to buy.

Was just doing a little reading up on the porsche models.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
so you prefer ugly over style

Old 08-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Carrera
The GT3 RS is considered the halo car because most say it offers the best driving experience, however the Turbo S is faster, but you have to remember faster doesn't always mean better.
Hi Carrera,

This is really a strange thread here - the turbo S will never beat a 3.8RS on a racetrack - I dont know any source/test that has come to a different result. Even Porsche mentioned in the Nürburging times that the 3.8RS is faster.

A 997 turbo S is only faster on straight line acceleration..and its more comfortable..

Old 08-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Hi Carrera,

This is really a strange thread here - the turbo S will never beat a 3.8RS on a racetrack - I dont know any source/test that has come to a different result. Even Porsche mentioned in the Nürburging times that the 3.8RS is faster.

A 997 turbo S is only faster on straight line acceleration..and its more comfortable..
Yup, you're correct. I didn't bother to check track times, and sort of assumed the RS would be "faster" but as this thread is running on fairy dust as it is, I decided to base fast on 0-60 times.

EDIT: Here's a clever ad from Volkswagen that can sort of relate to this thread, but really it's just funny.

Last edited by Carrera; 08-28-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Well thanks for the answers, and proving my point and Porsche and their owners.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
M3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enough
That's an awesome statement. You really don't sound like a Porsche owner...

-_-

Quick Reply: confused