Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autocar Says New Porsche 911 GT3 to get 450bhp

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE="The JC";1375543]Sounds like propoganda to me. I don't care who you are or who at Porsche you've talked to, we won't know for sure until the car is launched.

The comments in this thread and especially Autocar's info are simply interweb speculation at its best. [QUOTE]

Well said.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
HI JC,

Yes, propoganda it is maybe..but if one user tells us that Walter said that the new car will be much faster...that will not at all hold the values for the 997 GTs high--but maybe this is propaganda too..after all - what else can Mr Walter say..his is not going to say.- "well - the new one is only 1 second faster"....

Please also remember that the new price in Europe for the 991 GT3 will be roughly 150K€..second hand 3.8GT3 are sold here now for roughly 100-105K..so thats why I personally believe that 997 GT3 prices will not change so much - as the new one is considerably more expensive..if the new one was available for 120K€..then it would be a completely different matter..

Lets see - and as you say - lets use common sense ..and .
I agree with you, however, my point was more aimed at the GT3 RS 4.0. One way to keep the market for the 4L car high could be to make one more statement about it being the last of an era. It will already be the last with a Mezger block, well why not make it known that it will also be the last manual GT3. This could keep the price of a 4L constant and keep the 'addict' customers happy.

Like everyone else in this thread, I am speculating.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by "The JC"
I agree with you, however, my point was more aimed at the GT3 RS 4.0. One way to keep the market for the 4L car high could be to make one more statement about it being the last of an era. It will already be the last with a Mezger block, well why not make it known that it will also be the last manual GT3. This could keep the price of a 4L constant and keep the 'addict' customers happy.

Like everyone else in this thread, I am speculating.
I understand what you're saying, and while that would be cool if the RS 4.0 became truly the last of an era, I doubt Porsche really cares that much, as they don't make any money themselves on the used market.