Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autocar Says New Porsche 911 GT3 to get 450bhp

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe PDK for the GT3 and a manual transmission for the GT3 rs. One can hope, Porsche has to offer a manual with the GT3.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
Bill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura about
Funny how one, 8 week old article says "PDK only" and everyone believes it.

President of PCNA told me (and 400 others) at RRIV that the next GT3 would def have a manual option. And are we to believe that P developed a new 7sp manual for the base 911/S but not their high performance car ??

Bill

Old 08-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
I will get one.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
ccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to all
Guys,

Sorry to say that but after speaking with Walter R. The 991 Gt3 comes only with PDK !!!

He tested the car already and its much faster then 997 mk2, to say more its super super easy to drive.

No hope for Manual transmission ...... Soooorrryyyy

Old 08-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jenk12m
I think they will and don't care about the purist who love their manual trannies. It's more about appealing to those who are tired of shifting and always wanted that GT variant
Agreed as well what race cars/track cars still use MT? Your hand is always quicker then your hand a foot. If it something of a street /track variant (your use) I see a 6MT being fun but not as your only car especially living in any major city worldwide. I am personally going to order one when available until then the TT stays as without some type of aero kit the 991 just doesn't do it for me looks wise.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
hi,

well - with only aPDK option doesnt suprise me..however, easy to drive..like driving a rolls royce..thats the problem of the 991 - its heart and soul - that of a 911 - is lost.

Much faster - is a question of definition - if it will be able to shave off 5-8 seconds on the ring that will be huge..because then it wont be far from a Mclaren - which it simply cant do..impossible..

Remember that Porsche supercar 918 is supposed to be somewhere around 7:22..a 991 GT3 will not be at 7:23...thats clear..otherwise you must be a dreamer...

regards,

Old 08-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Sunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished road
Just my worthless 2 cents on PDK vs manual. I wish the 991 GT3 comes with a manual.
But one thing I don't want is an option for both - I know blasphemy, but hear me out. I think options are great for mass market cars that try to appeal to huge swath of the car buying demography, like say a BMW 3er or M3 or even normal versions of 911. But I believe something as specialized as GT3/RS should reflect the conviction of the manufacturer, their vision for the car. Decide what you want the car to be and build that and let people who share that ideal buy it and the rest go somewhere else. Stop trying to be everything to everyone, that is when you get a mediocre compromised product.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Couldnt agree more to that...

But Porsche is not Porsche anymore..in fact it still has a Porsche badge..but decisions are taken by VW now..that more or less also answers your valid concerns..

Old 08-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like propoganda to me. I don't care who you are or who at Porsche you've talked to, we won't know for sure until the car is launched.

The comments in this thread and especially Autocar's info are simply interweb speculation at its best. IMO, its also a great way for Porsche to keep 997 GT values as high as possible and to help sell remaining GT cars until the 991 versions are released.

Last edited by "The JC"; 08-07-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by "The JC"
Sounds like propoganda to me. I don't care who you are or who at Porsche you've talked to, we won't know for sure until the car is launched.

The comments in this thread and especially Autocar's info are simply interweb speculation at its best. IMO, its also a great way for Porsche to keep 997 GT values as high as possible and to help sell remaining GT cars until the 991 versions are released.
HI JC,

Yes, propoganda it is maybe..but if one user tells us that Walter said that the new car will be much faster...that will not at all hold the values for the 997 GTs high--but maybe this is propaganda too..after all - what else can Mr Walter say..his is not going to say.- "well - the new one is only 1 second faster"....

Please also remember that the new price in Europe for the 991 GT3 will be roughly 150K€..second hand 3.8GT3 are sold here now for roughly 100-105K..so thats why I personally believe that 997 GT3 prices will not change so much - as the new one is considerably more expensive..if the new one was available for 120K€..then it would be a completely different matter..

Lets see - and as you say - lets use common sense ..and .

Quick Reply: Autocar Says New Porsche 911 GT3 to get 450bhp