Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took my RS to Autobahn, Road America, and Mosport

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
GrayTT, mosport was my favorite out of those 3 and is now in my top 3 overall

Old 07-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
Full course autobahn is a fun track. The elevation change in t1 is a lot of fun at mosport espically coming down the left hand crest into the sharp 90* right handers.

Last edited by TheYoungConnoisseur; 07-21-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing Videos!! Thx!

Old 07-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome stuff Jenks! Looks like a world of fun. Have you had any close calls to crashing?

Old 07-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
We didn't get to run the full course, just the south course which is pretty fun

Old 07-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
here is a couple laps from mosport
mosport - YouTube

Old 07-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
No way that's you. I don't see the gloves rolled up.

MoSport looks like a blast.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jenk12m
GrayTT, mosport was my favorite out of those 3 and is now in my top 3 overall
and the top three being?

Old 07-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
RedRSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Mosport!

MJ - Great seeing you and getting caught up at Mosport! It was also great to meet your wonderful wife after hearing of her for such a long time. On this trip you drove two of my favorite adrenaline-inducing tracks, Road America and Mosport. I'm glad you finally made it to Canada; Mosport is the best E-Ticket ride I've been on, awesome circuit! IMHO, you didn't miss anything by skipping Calabogie, especially in a fast car like yours; interesting and technically challenging with designed "mind-games" (e.g., three turns where camber is worse the nearer you get to the apex), it isn't as fast or flowing as the others.

However, the next time you'll have to make it to Mont Tremblant; hands down, best track destination in North America: like Mosport, also a former F1 circuit; lots of elevation change, including high speed elevation change corners; 5 minutes from the hotels; great food and amenities in the village; lake to swim in 50 feet from the paddock; great road and mountain biking trails; mountain with 2,000' of elevation gain to hike or take gondola to top; big lake for swimming, boating or fishing; great golf courses; and if you attend in mid-July, the 10 day International Festival du Blues with free live music from 1:00-10:00pm every day! Take your wife once, and she will probably make the reservations for the following year!

For my annual northern road trip in 2013 I'll be heading back to Road America; in 2014 my regular travel buddies and I are planning to link events at Watkins Glen and LCMT, with a week or so on the water in the 1000 Islands region in between. Two tracks you need to drive - I'll keep you posted on the details via email.

E

PS I need to engage on the RL thread...

Old 07-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by X2daC
No way that's you. I don't see the gloves rolled up.

MoSport looks like a blast.
Haha, yea I stopped rolling them up

Originally Posted by GrayTT
and the top three being?
It's tough but I would have to say Watkins glen, mosport, and VIR. Road America, Sebring and road atlanta would be the next 3

Originally Posted by RedRSA
MJ - Great seeing you and getting caught up at Mosport! It was also great to meet your wonderful wife after hearing of her for such a long time. On this trip you drove two of my favorite adrenaline-inducing tracks, Road America and Mosport. I'm glad you finally made it to Canada; Mosport is the best E-Ticket ride I've been on, awesome circuit! IMHO, you didn't miss anything by skipping Calabogie, especially in a fast car like yours; interesting and technically challenging with designed "mind-games" (e.g., three turns where camber is worse the nearer you get to the apex), it isn't as fast or flowing as the others.

However, the next time you'll have to make it to Mont Tremblant; hands down, best track destination in North America: like Mosport, also a former F1 circuit; lots of elevation change, including high speed elevation change corners; 5 minutes from the hotels; great food and amenities in the village; lake to swim in 50 feet from the paddock; great road and mountain biking trails; mountain with 2,000' of elevation gain to hike or take gondola to top; big lake for swimming, boating or fishing; great golf courses; and if you attend in mid-July, the 10 day International Festival du Blues with free live music from 1:00-10:00pm every day! Take your wife once, and she will probably make the reservations for the following year!

For my annual northern road trip in 2013 I'll be heading back to Road America; in 2014 my regular travel buddies and I are planning to link events at Watkins Glen and LCMT, with a week or so on the water in the 1000 Islands region in between. Two tracks you need to drive - I'll keep you posted on the details via email.

E

PS I need to engage on the RL thread...
Eric, it was great catching up with you as well. I'm glad I finally made it to Canada and it was well worth the trip. Hopefully, I can make it to tremblant sometime soon and end enjoy those awesome extra activities you speak of

Quick Reply: Took my RS to Autobahn, Road America, and Mosport