Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3 at Nurburgring (PDK or not?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
No. And Cabriolet's are delayed. So, no. Sit there and be patient!
IDK. Mine's in Houston at the port.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
IDK. Mine's in Houston at the port.
So is ours (port in Rhode Island) however they've delayed the dealer ETA and launch. ZERO idea why. They told us something about West Coast delays or something.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
I agree with Mr. Trakcar and the like, but too be honest I'm over the issue. My love of analogue driving is going extinct. I'll be looking for a 997 GT3/RS for my M3 replacement.

I'll say it again, I pal on being the guy half a lap behind, grinning ear to ear as I oppo through another set of PS Cups.
ditto. Cheers to the guys who can really DRIVE a m/t car around a track.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
a 991 GT3 with a 9A1 engine and a PDK is not a GT3. VW can put the badge on it, they can make it fast, but it will never be a GT3.

A GT3 needs a race engine and a race proven transmission, nothing less. Then, some geometry adjustments in the suspension, big brakes, brake cooling ducts, light body panels, light muffler, and a few aero tricks, that makes a GT3.
HI TRAKCAR,

Couldnt agree more..

If one of the two cars shown in the video is 991 GT3..remains to be seen. One is turbo...thats clear.

By the way, I heavily doubt that the 991 GT3 will be a 4.0L 9A1 as mentioned in the pistonheads website. (it will be rather a 3.8 9A1)