Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems removing the Speed alarm on RS 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
Problems removing the Speed alarm on RS 4.0

Are any of you 4.0 owners experiencing problems removing the speed alarm on your cars?

Rings continuously above 120kmh. Took mine to the dealer who tried to reprogram it (with signing of a waiver) 7 times but it would not go.

They reached out to Germany but seems there are many similar issues around the world.

Obviously not advocating speeding above the permitted limit on the roads but DD is not the only usage for such a car.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have a speed alarm?

Old 03-08-2012, 07:07 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
a speed warning on a 4.0??

I only know that from BMW

Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe you should try to wear the seatbelt?

Old 03-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Teamspeed Member
Taffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura about
take it to ARM and get Alex to remove it

Old 03-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
FadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enough
Guys, this is a problem with cars in the Middle East as far as I know. There's a buzzer in the car which alerts you every time you go past the speed limit (120 or 130 Kph).
I know a guy which had it in his Audi in Dubai and got it fixed.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
yes a silly speed alarm and I am wearing my belt

Not sure Alex would know, the software has apparently been updated on the 4.0

Old 03-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
Taffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura about
there was a guy in AD with a 997.3 GT3 and ali&sons couldn't get the alarm off. I believe alex got it off.

have you also checked that the alarms in on board pc (1) and pcm (3) are also deactivated

Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, I see;

1) My bad, I apologize.

2) What a retarded law/alarm.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
schmitz.gstaad You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!schmitz.gstaad You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!schmitz.gstaad You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!schmitz.gstaad You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!schmitz.gstaad You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!schmitz.gstaad You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!schmitz.gstaad You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!schmitz.gstaad You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!schmitz.gstaad You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!schmitz.gstaad You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!schmitz.gstaad You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I think this is normal. You order "Dubai" spec. ;-))) It's just to protect the rare car ...!

M

Quick Reply: Problems removing the Speed alarm on RS 4.0