Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spied Again: 2013 Porsche 911 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Carrera
Agreed. I mean if you're driving around a race track and your life depends on shaving .1 second of your lap time I could understand a PDK, but the fact is people drive these cars for fun. I'd like to see a spy get an interior shot so we could see if the rumors are true.
Agreed too..

By the way, people are always saying that with PDK you will be so much faster....the difference is probably smaller than many would expect..

First PDK is a bit heavier..if my memories are correct about 20Kg..second: PDK is not everything..there are also other factors that make car fast or slow..up to now the 997 GT models kept very well up in terms of track performance with the 458s etc. I sometimes cannot believe it either..but a 997.2 GT3RS with old fashioned gearbox is on par with the 458..although this one has more HP, and has paddle shift..but the 458 has considerably more weight.

So lets wait and see..I dont see a need for Porsche to do dramatic changes because 458 or Gallardo are putting so much pressure on them..in fact the opposite would be true..the old 997 is sometimes beating the Italians..so since the 991 will certainly not be slower - there is nothing to worry about.

Nonetheless, I confirm that if Porsche would only offer PDK i would not opt for a 991 GT3 - game over then and "case closed"

Old 02-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
AstonMartin is an unknown quantity at this point
Tight! Loving the back end.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished road
the carrera looks great, cant wait to see the GT3

I really think PDK only will hinder the sales of the gt3.

Last edited by lopro; 02-22-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
roncfp is just really niceroncfp is just really niceroncfp is just really niceroncfp is just really niceroncfp is just really niceroncfp is just really niceroncfp is just really niceroncfp is just really niceroncfp is just really niceroncfp is just really niceroncfp is just really nice
The 991 is looking better and better everyday I see it. I'm really liking the longer sleeker look. With an aggressive wing on this version and lowered 2-3" with a set of HREs and it's perfect.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Great new shots! I tried zooming into this shot:

To check out the steering wheel and seeing if it might be a manual or PDK, but looking closely it appears to be a completely new style of steering wheel, not the sport design or standard. I hope there are no paddles on there anywhere.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Who the hell cares if it will be marginally quicker, who is really going to benefit from that. I would rather benefit from the joy of driving a manual car.

Car looks amazing, can't wait to see the final product. And please god make sure they don't put a pdk in it.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:21 AM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hernando
Who the hell cares if it will be marginally quicker, who is really going to benefit from that. I would rather benefit from the joy of driving a manual car.

Car looks amazing, can't wait to see the final product. And please god make sure they don't put a pdk in it.
Amen.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
huangester is an unknown quantity at this point
Love it!! the photo looks promising!! Doesn't matter the PDK or Manual... I am sure Porsche will do it right... They had always been right... pretty soon the negative comments about PDK will be washed away if they do decide to come out with PDK GT3...

Old 02-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
HunterTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
It looks like no sunroof to me, so maybe it is an RS.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by HunterTurbo
It looks like no sunroof to me, so maybe it is an RS.
Sunroof is now an option on all 991s...so the lack of a sunroof on this car doesn't say much. It does appear to be a NB car, so it's probably a test mule for the new GT3...not the RS.

Quick Reply: Spied Again: 2013 Porsche 911 GT3