Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spied Again: 2013 Porsche 911 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zeus
I haven't heard anyone mention it yet, but is this the "widebody" "C4S/Turbo/GTxRS" version of the 991 we are seeing here?

I wonder why they put the "turbo" side scoop stickers on the side...

Love it though. I'm thinking they're going to offer both transmissions as well.
I think it is the widebody; maybe it's an illusion but it looks like it goes a long way toward visually shortening the distance between the door and the rear wheel, which is good I think.

Fingers crossed it's 7MT..

Old 02-17-2012, 04:06 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Stickers are just to throw us off is all...

Old 02-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
GTS-R is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty sure the car pictured above is the narrow body. The car pictured in this thread

https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/6873...e-911-gt3.html

is the widebody as you can see the additional skirts on the sides.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished road
I hope all this talk about the pdk only, is just to throw us all off

Old 02-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ranger22 is a splendid one to beholdranger22 is a splendid one to beholdranger22 is a splendid one to beholdranger22 is a splendid one to beholdranger22 is a splendid one to beholdranger22 is a splendid one to beholdranger22 is a splendid one to beholdranger22 is a splendid one to beholdranger22 is a splendid one to beholdranger22 is a splendid one to beholdranger22 is a splendid one to behold
It looks a little tall for a GT3.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTS-R
Pretty sure the car pictured above is the narrow body. The car pictured in this thread

https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/6873...e-911-gt3.html

is the widebody as you can see the additional skirts on the sides.
Maybe that is the GT3RS?

Old 02-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to behold
Agree with all comments that ultimately the 991GT3 will have both PDK and manual-they made the 991Carrera's with both, but it will be the manual 7-speed version of the PDK as on the Carrera, not a 6-speed. And maybe they'll introduce the PDK version first ala the Carrera with the 7-speed manual coming after.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't followed much lately but what engine block is going to be in the new GT3? If it's the old block, then I would imagine no PDK?

Old 02-18-2012, 02:26 AM
Nan
Teamspeed Member
Nan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enough
I am very interested to see the final spec of the 991GT3/RS. The pics look good, but I really want to see the wing design also.
Also, will the motor be the same as the new 991Cup? Racing pedigree?
Hopefully PDK & manual will be available.

Come on Porsche...we need some pics.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyatth
I haven't followed much lately but what engine block is going to be in the new GT3? If it's the old block, then I would imagine no PDK?
The old Mezger is officially retired, for reasons including it doesn't make sense building two completely different engines in the same factory. So I bet the new engine block will either be the 9A1, or and engine that shares a lot of parts with the 9A1. I hope they can find a way to put dry sump into it.

Quick Reply: Spied Again: 2013 Porsche 911 GT3