Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This might not sit well with some - 2013 GT3 May be PDK Only

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
The future is not a place I ever want to wind up in

Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond repute
Funny because off the top of my head, I cannot recall one person who got a GT3 on this board and posted I wish they made this with PDK.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I think this is being leaked to cause a stir. No manual GT3 = JC not wanting a new GT3

Old 02-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I enjoy driving my 6-spd as much as anyone else, but these cars are so fast now that most drivers can't get to 2nd fast enough. I know 95% of driving time is not in 1st, but the only way for drivers to get the most out of the car is to have it 'assist' in the shifting.

This is probably a similar reason why the PDK-only 991 Turbo is being rumored.

Not exactly what Porsche purists want, but it is the future of high-performance cars (Ferrari, Lamborghini).

For me, the GTS 6spd is staying in my garage for a few more years. Maybe I'll learn how to drive it properly before replacing it with more technology to challenge my (lack of) skills.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
huangester is an unknown quantity at this point
the cruel fact....
Would stick pass its regulations (7th gear perhaps)?
would stick sets a faster standard than PDK?
PDK has less fun?
if there is only PDK, would people still buy it?

There had only been manual offered for GT3 before... so, no comparison of the market needs...

If they want to put PDK into GT3, they should have options of manual to accommodate the manual needs... That is what I think it should be done to see the market acceptance of PDK with GT3.

R8GT's R-tronic has no comparison with PDK, so that was R8GT's mistake..... PDK is a very matured product...

Old 02-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Personally, I like a car that has the noise, smells, and mechanical involvement that makes you want to just keep driving for the hell of it. While going fast is fun, its not everything in a sport car. I can only hope that Porsche doesn't forget this.

I've spent my fair share of time on track, though probably nothing near that of you RS/Cup Car owners. I have come to believe that involvement (heel toeing, rev matching, etc) is what makes the experience more enjoyable for ME. I tracked for a while with a group of e9x M3 owners and the DCT guys always wanted me to drive their cars, so that I would understand that it is better and faster. Well, it is faster, but not nearly as much of an experience for ME.

As I told another one of our very well respected Houston forum members when discussing the new GT-R on gchat, I'll be the guy half a lap behind, changing gears like a caveman with the ass end hanging out.

Last edited by "The JC"; 02-13-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
destaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond repute
The 997.2 GT3 is perhaps the greatest driver's car ever created -- I never thought it would hold that title indefinitely though...

Old 02-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Personally, I like a car that has the noise, smells, and mechanical involvement that makes you want to just keep driving for the hell of it. While going fast is fun, its not everything in a sport car. I can only hope that Porsche doesn't forget this.
I've spent my fair share of time on track, though probably nothing near that of you RS/Cup Car owners. I have come to believe that involvement (heel toeing, rev matching, etc) is what makes the experience more enjoyable for ME.
Very well said, i love that shifting noise too

Hot Lap! 2011 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - YouTube

Last edited by Milanno; 02-13-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
never happen. at least not yet.. within 5 years Im willing to bet there will be zero mass produced cars sold with a manual trans. Just a sign of the times. If you read the other story on inside line about the pdk being so much faster than a stick you can see where they are going. a car that accelerates to 60 in under 3 seconds almost requires an automatic to keep up with the gear shifts.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
don't think it's gonna happen. just saying.

Quick Reply: This might not sit well with some - 2013 GT3 May be PDK Only