Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This might not sit well with some - 2013 GT3 May be PDK Only

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 AM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
I think the bottom line is this:

Manual transmission is waaaaay more fun than a PDK, and put simply, we just want to have fun!

Last edited by DBV; 02-22-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:34 AM
Teamspeed Member
FerrariWF is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DBV
I think the bottom line is this:

Manual transmission is waaaaay more fun than a PDK, and put simply, we just want to have fun!
It really is all about the fun. There's really nothing like driving hard and rowing through the gears in a sports car.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:10 PM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FerrariWF
It really is all about the fun. There's really nothing like driving hard and rowing through the gears in a sports car.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Example: the first "supercar" I ever drove was a 360 Spider with the F1 transmission. Although a fun experience (love that engine sound), it just left me scratching my head about why people raved so much about it. Drove a manual version shortly after, and never looked back. My ultimate driving experience involves three pedals!

Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Enrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enough
I can´t agree more about three pedal Sportcars

Old 02-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Enrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enough
Not the correct thread but this picture belongs to a F430, one of the last three pedal FerrarisName:  Gate Shift F430.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  64.5 KB

Old 02-24-2012, 02:06 AM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
^^That picture^^ reminds me of the first manual Ferrari I ever drove. I love gated shifters. I wonder what a gated shifter would look/feel like in a GT3? Project anybody...?

I know this is off topic, but seriously, I don't know if a gated shifter would feel "right" in a Porsche. Is it just me or are they more of an Italian thing?

Coincidentally, this was my jack o' lantern from this past Halloween.

For those wondering, it's a Ferrari 355 shift pattern.

Last edited by DBV; 02-24-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished road
I was at the autoshow today and they told me that this next model will come with a manual and the next model will not have manual anymore. So I think we have hope that we will see a 6 or 7 speed stick in this 991 but that will be the last of them. I shook my head and walked away from the porsche booth at the show. I couldnt be bothered to listen to that mammerjammer talking on an on about PDK. I lost interest and starting looking for my next car I would row gears in from other brands

Old 02-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
FerrariWF is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DBV
Couldn't have said it better myself. Example: the first "supercar" I ever drove was a 360 Spider with the F1 transmission. Although a fun experience (love that engine sound), it just left me scratching my head about why people raved so much about it. Drove a manual version shortly after, and never looked back. My ultimate driving experience involves three pedals!
For me it was in the opposite order. I drove a 6 speed Gallardo and loved every minute of it, then drove an Egear and it just didn't compare. I love 3 pedal sports cars. Porsche better not mess this up.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i for one looking forward to pdk's'or what ever they choose to call it, as always, long as they get it right,works right,looks right,then we wont look back!!