Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The GT2 project starts!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Nate,
what is the weight difference of these wheels compared to the stock. Also do they need the spacers or are they flushded without them.
I ordered the 5mm spacers front and rears. Some may not need them but I feel. With them installed it will be perfect IMO. These are +50 offset while stock is 51 and 53 fronts so the BBS is very slightly more aggressive on fronts

Old 02-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by atomic80
The weights of these BBS FI wheels in 19" are as follows:

Front: 19" x 8.75" and 19 lbs
Rear: 19" x 11.25" and 21 lbs

This is for the Scuderia version. I can't imagine that the weight differences between the GT2 would be different given that they're also 19" wheels too, no?
I picked up the oem wheel in one hand and BBS in the other and it was chalk and cheese. Considerably lighter

These are 12 x 19 and 8,75 x 19

Anyway I'm going to unpack my Akrapovic boxes now and stare at my new exhaust for a few hours

Last edited by Bob MG; 02-07-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Mike S
Looks great Bob! Keep the pics coming
Thanks Mike!
When you coming to visit?

Old 02-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bob MG
Don't blame me bro, I saw your clutch and RSS thread and dropped another $7000 on top of the wheels and EVOMS EVT 670 kit. That's not including all cosmetic additionals (and there is lots coming thanks to Nate

Think of my pics as sweet revenge

All I can say (and those who know me from M3 post will confirm) is that when I do it, I go big
You got me on that one. It is sweet revenge! Hope I have the strength to not listen to any sound clips of the AKRA.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
3RS4.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Until seeing those FI pics I was reasonably content that they did not suit the GT2. That is no longer the case. Now I'm wondering what they'll look like on white...

Old 02-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
No need to wonder what they look like...

Taken from here:

https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/4683...lp-please.html

Old 02-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thanks...I think. Titanium and black are a close call.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bob MG
I picked up the oem wheel in one hand and BBS in the other and it was chalk and cheese. Considerably lighter
Kinda like this. LOL!

Old 02-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Capptain is an unknown quantity at this point
Gotta love the FIs! They're the holy grail of wheels as far as I'm concerned.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
You guys are killing me! Anyone have a pic of titanium on a white GT2?

Quick Reply: The GT2 project starts!