Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 - 2012 Teamspeed.com Car of the Year

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Banned
Manettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to all
The 997 will always be king, the electric power steering in the 991 isn't telepathic like in the 997

Old 12-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
bapesta206 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice!!

Old 12-18-2011, 03:07 PM
lgl
Teamspeed Member
lgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura about
Cannot say No to that vote...

Old 12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
The RS 4.0 is probably the best version of the NA 911 ever but it is just the next Porsche variant. I think that the Mclaren and the Aventador are more ground breaking. I have driven the MP4-12c and it's mid blowing. I have seen an Aventador in person and from what I hear it's like no other Lambo ever. There's a good chance there will be a newer better GT3 variant in a year or 2. Worse yet, as Porsche often does, they will make a package similar to this car the base GT3. I have had a number of Porsches and they have all been excellent but these other 2 cars are real breakthroughs. I know it's not the popular opinion but my 2c anyway.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:03 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaymoney
The RS 4.0 is probably the best version of the NA 911 ever but it is just the next Porsche variant. I think that the Mclaren and the Aventador are more ground breaking. I have driven the MP4-12c and it's mid blowing. I have seen an Aventador in person and from what I hear it's like no other Lambo ever. There's a good chance there will be a newer better GT3 variant in a year or 2. Worse yet, as Porsche often does, they will make a package similar to this car the base GT3. I have had a number of Porsches and they have all been excellent but these other 2 cars are real breakthroughs. I know it's not the popular opinion but my 2c anyway.
I don't disagree with you at all and they both (Aventador & 12C) did rather well in the voting, the McLaren especially. Maybe next year as more take delivery.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DJ
I don't disagree with you at all and they both (Aventador & 12C) did rather well in the voting, the McLaren especially. Maybe next year as more take delivery.
That's a great point. I know of only 2 Mclarens delivered from my dealership and no Aventadors. I guess it's like the Oscars; it all depends on the timing of the release.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:00 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
A bit of revised text thanks to a "good mate" on the OP, enjoy.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I would take your point and use it the opposite way - despite only being being a 911, the GT3 RS 4.0 is so amazing that it can be mentioned in the same company as the MP4-12C and Aventador.

Originally Posted by Manettino
The 997 will always be king, the electric power steering in the 991 isn't telepathic like in the 997
I complete agree about the EPS, but I think that the GT3 will still retain the hydraulic steering, similar to how the 997.2 C2 and C2S received DFI but the 997.2 GT3 did not. I'm sure Porsche understands that steering feel is fundamental to keeping GT owners happy.

Last edited by Mahzari; 12-19-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Best Porsche without question since the cgt

Old 12-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Best Porsche without question since the cgt
So when is yours coming home?

Quick Reply: The Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 - 2012 Teamspeed.com Car of the Year