Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 C4S vs GT3 RS 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 02:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be reserved until reliable source confirms it. It hardly makes sense.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the 991 is faster around the Ring than the 997 GT3RS... not the 4.0
and not sure if its the GT3RS mk1 or mk2

Old 12-13-2011, 06:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
MK1 is realistic at 415 HP and manual vs PDK with a rookie driver. MKll has 450 HP and not possible.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:07 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
yeah,and even if it would be true..with all the electronic aids switched on,the 991 is driving you around the ring as opposed to you kicking a manual RS around the worlds most infamous track

of course I`ve exaggerated a bit but I guess you get what I mean....

Old 12-13-2011, 07:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I like how everyone is getting all concerned when the 991 C4S doesn't even exist.

And anyway, no way any 991 Carrera will do below a 7:30 on the Nordschleife.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
What I personally find hilarious is that 98% of anyone here can drive these cars to that limit and are still butt hurt.
Arm chair racing.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Brad Brownell is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure I care that it's "less raw", it's faster, and that's the point.

Racers don't care how involved they are in the car, they care about winning. I don't give two poops, if I could put a leather recliner in my car and it netted me 5 seconds at the nurburgring, you bet I'm putting it in there.

Just think though, if the C4S is that much faster, how much more insane will the next GT3 have to be to beat it? 500 horsepower isn't enough? How about 600. Can't get bigger than 4 liters from a flat six? Well, I guess we had better develop a hell of a flat 8!

Old 12-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Carrera
I like how everyone is getting all concerned when the 991 C4S doesn't even exist.

And anyway, no way any 991 Carrera will do below a 7:30 on the Nordschleife.
Hi Carrera,

Sport Auto tested the 991S with PDCC, PCBB etc with 7:44 at the ring--keep in mind the car had drastically unusual suspension etup, plus it had tires that were completely useless in the wet test Sport Auto did..the 991S has worse performance than any 997GT model now..

Why should now a 991 4S be faster then the 2S? In the 996 and 997 model lineiup the 4S models were never really faster as they were heavier..

I think this info is complete bs...I remember someone was trying to tell me before the 991 came it - it would be faster the C-GT around the Ring...

The next 991 "thunder" will be the 991 turbo..the 997 turbo S also did 7:44..but with much better tires...I guess Porsche will not dare again to show up in such a test with such a ridicoilus low result in the wet..

I think the 991 turbo will be around 458 level - e.g. 7:38..then it has accomplished its task..back in the Ferrari level - and probably cheaper too..991GT models can then try to break the nagic barrier of 7:30..remember the Mclaren did with super race tires 7:27..I dont think any 991 will get there - except for a GT2 -if it will be built.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
Taffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura about
a few of us 997 GT3 guys were debating this the other night and our conclusion....

a 991 may be quicker around the ring than our 997 GT3's, however ours can pound that ring for a full 24hrs as proven already. Doubtful the 991 (non GT) would enjoy 24hrs of that.

Well thats what we tell ourselves to feel better

Old 12-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 81911
What I personally find hilarious is that 98% of anyone here can drive these cars to that limit and are still butt hurt.
Arm chair racing.
How very true. If most people actually spent time pushing their own ability versus some new technology saving their arse.... they'd not worry so much on the numbers.

And those numbers are achieved by TRUE racing professionals. So it's not really a surprise they're getting better numbers with new, and more enhanced equipment.