Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New clutch and mods for GT2

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011 | 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I had my mods done at RSS and am very happy with them. So I spoke to them, sharkwerks, and EVOMS and they all said that I would not really get noticeable improvements from IC's alone. They said to get noticeable results it would require a full pkg including many parts and mucho dinero. Also will be getting the Stage 2 lwfw steel clutch from Evoms, which is a sachs brand. I am also considering doing the stage 2 suspension set up from RSS. I know it will make the car feel like a go-kart, but I am hoping it will not make it intolerable for long drives. Will do a test run in one of their gt3's that has the suspension set up.
When are you planning on getting the work done? I want to drop by their shop as well to look at roll bar options.

Old 12-29-2011 | 04:15 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
When are you planning on getting the work done? I want to drop by their shop as well to look at roll bar options.
It all depends on when the clutch is shipped to them, but hoping for Jan 3rd. Very impressed with their knowledge, products, facility, and that they make most of the stuff they sale.

Old 12-29-2011 | 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
It all depends on when the clutch is shipped to them, but hoping for Jan 3rd. Very impressed with their knowledge, products, facility, and that they make most of the stuff they sale.
Let me know when you're there. Seeing that sexy white GT2 will be all the more reason for me to haul my arse over there

Old 12-29-2011 | 04:52 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Ok , will do

Old 01-04-2012 | 09:18 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bonehead,
going to be there very early tomorrow from about 7:45 till 9am.

Old 01-05-2012 | 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bonehead,
going to be there very early tomorrow from about 7:45 till 9am.
Doh, just saw this. Let us know how it went.

Old 01-05-2012 | 01:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Waiting for update

Old 01-05-2012 | 06:48 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wont be picking it up till next week so will let you know what I think then. Just getting an improved clutch and a stage 2 RSS tarmac suspension setup. Not going to do any more power mods at this time.
Got a ride in one of their project cars a GT3 with the same suspension I will be getting. It was very impressive, it will transform the 2.

Old 01-06-2012 | 02:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Great, good luck.. I'm curious how the new clutch will feel different than the stock one..

Old 01-07-2012 | 11:48 PM
Teamspeed Member
brim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of light
I knew you'd love it if you got out in a car with the setup, congrats!

Quick Reply: New clutch and mods for GT2