Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So we put together "Mile" / Runway event of our own

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
So we put together "Mile" / Runway event of our own

Just thought I'd share. Haven't posted much in ages it seems.

Being from a banana republic with no proper autobahns or circuits really suited to these cars, and having read about and viewed videos from the VMax (UK), Texas Mile, Moscow Unlimited, M5board and other similar events elsewhere, we decided to throw together a little party of our own.

No records were broken though. The cars here were all modest compared to what you big boys run. Fastest cars were lightly tuned FGT's and 800HP GTR's (Switzer P800, HKS GT800).

But no such event had ever been staged in this country, and our objective was not a competition, but for people to just have fun at a venue that would allow the cars to be well and truly let off the leash in a safe environment.

Turn out was pretty good for a one day event that was planned and organized over a 3 wk period. Huge smiles on the day, and out of around 70 cars, there was only one breakdown, that wasn't serious at all.

All proceeds from the event are going to a local children's charity, just in time for the holidays.

there's a teaser video I threw together last night here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icviYYRf854

The full video will be out next year, after a proper professional film director works his magic on the footage, and some pics from what was a fun day for everyone!

that's me in the black shirt with my back to the camera, having to deal with everyone chomping at the bit, as the control tower gave the go ahead to use the runway

lining up against a buddy's DMS-tuned GT2

Old 12-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a great event! When's the longer vid coming out?
Banana republic? By the looks of it, bananas seem to be fairing quite well in today's economy

Old 12-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, what a turnout. MAJOR props for doing that!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Lgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond repute
Damn now that is pretty sweet and if I am guessing right that is the event you were telling me about -.-

Sucks that I've missed it but I am super happy to see that more and more exotics make it out there. Keep those great events coming, killer job!

Old 12-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
thats no modest event, serious turnout

MOOAARRR

Old 12-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lgebbers
Damn now that is pretty sweet and if I am guessing right that is the event you were telling me about -.-

Sucks that I've missed it but I am super happy to see that more and more exotics make it out there. Keep those great events coming, killer job!
hey man, yeah this is the one. we moved it to late Nov from middle because I was too busy with work and life... just as well coz the earlier dates would have been rained out. as it was, we had picture perfect weather on the day

everyone else, thanks for the kind words. it was a lot of fun just having so many people come out and just mingle and enjoy the company and the cars.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond repute
That looks awesome!

Old 12-11-2011, 04:05 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing and I fixed the youtube video fro you to show here, you need to choose the "long link" for sharing options for some reason now since youtube changed a few items around.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
!!!

Old 12-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
qoots is an unknown quantity at this point
Mini for the win!

Quick Reply: So we put together "Mile" / Runway event of our own