Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCCB questions....

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
PCCB questions....

For all owners with PCCB's, what is the life expectancy of the rotors? I know the option is around 8k, but when looking at a place like Suncoast to replace the rotors it's almost 15k. Will these rotors ever wear? Even with track use? What is everyones thoughts and personal experience?

Old 12-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
I have pccbs on my turbo with around 38k miles. Believe it or not I haven't had to change my rotors nor pads yet and thats with plenty of hard driving not necessarily on the track but on the street. I went a few times to the track on a couple of occasions. I was told that it would be a good idea to replace the pads at 50% wear.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That's good to know. I guess it's hard to say with most of these cars, since I would guess most are still relatively lower in mileage. I could see pads having to be replaced, but it would be nice or wishful thinking to hear that the rotors would last for 150k-200k miles!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Repairing at 50% seems premature especially given the slow rate of degradation.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:29 PM
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Repairing at 50% seems premature especially given the slow rate of degradation.
Given the cost of each rotor, it's best to err on the side of caution don't you think? That's the recommended change interval set by Porsche.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:42 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
Given the cost of each rotor, it's best to err on the side of caution don't you think? That's the recommended change interval set by Porsche.
Do they state what consequences could arise if you don't? Probably has more to do with maintaining optimal performance than a catastrophic failure.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
I asked my porsche dealer the same thing....pads are waaayyyyy cheaper than new rotors

Old 12-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I had PCCB's on 2 GT2's. One I put 5k miles and only replaced the pads. And it had 80% track time. I have had a few friends that had them and tracked a couple times and had to replace the whole deal. My opinion is that they are great and cool on the street. If you plan to track, they are a big NO. Just my .02

Old 12-02-2011, 06:36 PM
I absolutely agree with Chuck...I don't track my Turbo so PCCBs are perfect for my needs.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ogurez is on a distinguished roadOgurez is on a distinguished roadOgurez is on a distinguished roadOgurez is on a distinguished road
Don't go with the PCCB, it's just a waste of money.

If you're planning to track the car, just get some good pads and a proper fluid

Quick Reply: PCCB questions....