Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shark Werks Goes on US Tour with a New, Zany-Colored 2011 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
SirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really nice
That painters tape matches the car almost exactly funny enough!

Old 11-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond repute
will the car be getting a full detail when you get back home?

Old 11-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SirSpeedy7
That painters tape matches the car almost exactly funny enough!
I know we laughed our butts off at every Wal-Mart (and middle America has a lot of those!) at every stop
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
will the car be getting a full detail when you get back home?
You bet! The one and only Bob@Autoconcierge... he's coming for her (and me no doubt for putting the car through hell!) shortly.
Originally Posted by DJ
What a view!

this your inspiration fellas? !

Thank you pal!!

Originally Posted by bonehead
Great thread, Sharky. GL on the home stretch. That's a helluva drive. I had to stop in Palm Springs from SacTown on my way to PHX when I got my car. Just couldn't make it that extra 270 or so miles. And I didn't drive all the way from IL beforehand!
Thanks pal... it was amazing. Truly!

Old 11-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Day 5 California
The additional power and responsiveness after the serious work was completed at EVOMS was put to good use- in the rain. Nothing like a welcome home rain shower upon entering California. Who says a GT3RS on Pilot Sport Cups doesn't work well in the rain?

One thing is for sure California has its fair share of good roads and beautiful scenery too:

Once we got to LA I had trouble finding a good welcome sign but I figured a Panamera Turbo would suffice and show that Hollywood was near by...

Before getting to the grapevine we couldn't resist a bit of Roller Coaster action:

We didn't start the fire:

Toilet break. Was it "The Bomb" burrito from last night?

Another hour another beautiful mountain. James can't help but look in awe:

James is a fit lad and any chance he gets to stretch he does just that:

His iphone getting a work-out as well:

This right here along the I-5 freeway probably isn't the nicest site of our journey. It's pretty much the smelliest too:

Almost home now...

What a trip, what a country, what a car! I still cannot think of a more fun way to break-in one of these Metzger GT3 engines. The entire package was comfortable, reliable and just downright fun to drive across a good portion of America. We even managed to get our Stage 1 Performance (Exhaust and EVOMSit) kit completed along the way so it wasn't all "play".

Old 11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome home Alex and James!!

Old 11-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
What a great trip, Alex! I'll definitely be stopping by in a couple weeks when I'm in NorCal. I hope the RS is around to check out.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:45 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Parvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond repute
This is just a short test of the incredible 2011 Porsche GT3RS brought to EVOMS for some intelligent tuning this weekend. While trying to test blending HD and NON-HD clips, we thought you'd all like a reminder why small cameras, "do" need a tripod. Hey, how about that "Sharkwerks powered office chair" dolly shot, huh??

http://youtu.be/DP8sGkidBFM"]http://youtu.be/DP8sGkidBFM"]http://youtu.be/DP8sGkidBFM

More to come shortly. A great car and great to have Alex, James and Dan come through Arizona for "drive thru" tuning!!

Old 11-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Parvin@EVOMS.com
This is just a short test of the incredible 2011 Porsche GT3RS brought to EVOMS for some intelligent tuning this weekend. While trying to test blending HD and NON-HD clips, we thought you'd all like a reminder why small cameras, "do" need a tripod. Hey, how about that "Sharkwerks powered office chair" dolly shot, huh??

http://youtu.be/DP8sGkidBFM"]http://youtu.be/DP8sGkidBFM"]http://youtu.be/DP8sGkidBFM

More to come shortly. A great car and great to have Alex, James and Dan come through Arizona for "drive thru" tuning!!
Thanks as always and too funny on the preview! I laughed pretty hard on that one

Thanks for keeping us busy and sane as always!

Originally Posted by Alzilla
What a great trip, Alex! I'll definitely be stopping by in a couple weeks when I'm in NorCal. I hope the RS is around to check out.
For sure say hi!

Originally Posted by DJ
Welcome home Alex and James!!
Thank you! We were home on TS the entire time thanks to 3G

Old 11-09-2011, 07:15 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Parvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond reputeParvin@EVOMS.com has a reputation beyond repute
Final Dyno Run Video

SharkWerks picked up their 1 of 4 Gulf-inspired 2011 Porsche 997 GT3RS and via Route 66 made a bee line straight for Tempe, AZ. Why would they do that? Doh!!

In the quest for more horsepower they pitched their Tee-Pees by the Dyno at the home of the EVOMS intelligent tuning, or "E-V-O-M-S-i-t" for those not in the know. With a strong baseline 424rwhp (450hp crank) and 270 torque (317TQ crank), Sharkwerks' goal for Zuccone was to utilize his tuning prowess along with a SharkWerks exhaust and eke out even more power. The mission was accomplished with a live tune garnering an additional 16rwhp and 13tq to the wheels on an already highly strung GT3 motor and all on 91 octane. As well as improved throttle response left-foot braking was enabled with even smoother drivability.

The Full Monty - Sharkwerks 2011 Porsche GT3RS gets EVOMSit Intelligent Tuning - YouTube

Now that car is back at Sharkwerks for additional development... stay tuned!

Last edited by Parvin@EVOMS.com; 11-09-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Parvin@EVOMS.com
SharkWerks picked up their 1 of 4 Gulf-inspired 2011 Porsche 997 GT3RS and via Route 66 made a bee line straight for Tempe, AZ. Why would they do that? Doh!!

In the quest for more horsepower they pitched their Tee-Pees by the Dyno at the home of the EVOMS intelligent tuning, or "E-V-O-M-S-i-t" for those not in the know. With a strong baseline 424rwhp (450hp crank) and 270 torque (317TQ crank), Sharkwerks' goal for Zuccone was to utilize his tuning prowess along with a SharkWerks exhaust and eke out even more power. The mission was accomplished with a live tune garnering an additional 16rwhp and 13tq to the wheels on an already highly strung GT3 motor and all on 91 octane. As well as improved throttle response left-foot braking was enabled with even smoother drivability.

The Full Monty - Sharkwerks 2011 Porsche GT3RS gets EVOMSit Intelligent Tuning - YouTube

Now that car is back at Sharkwerks for additional development... stay tuned!
Good one mate. Seriously I mean you can get tuned and video-taped AND edited all in one bundle? That's live tuning. That's live tuning....

Quick Reply: Shark Werks Goes on US Tour with a New, Zany-Colored 2011 GT3 RS