Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shark Werks Goes on US Tour with a New, Zany-Colored 2011 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Former Sponsor
GeoffSr@Isringhausen is on a distinguished roadGeoffSr@Isringhausen is on a distinguished roadGeoffSr@Isringhausen is on a distinguished road
Thanks for coming out to see us Alex and pick up this very special RS. We are all so glad you guys got it. Can't wait to see what you do with it. All of us were jelous of your road trip as well. How cool. Most just have their cars trucked home and worry about every mile they drive after that. So glad to see you guys using your new toy as it was designed. Great to meet you. We will be using more of your products for sure.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:49 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. That looks awesome Alex. I'll come by the shop and take a look once you get back.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Hope all is well on the trip Sharky. Congrats!

Old 11-04-2011, 04:12 AM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
Hope all is well on the trip Sharky. Congrats!
Thanks Alex it's been a blast a minute. Wait till you see the nonsense from today!
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Wow. That looks awesome Alex. I'll come by the shop and take a look once you get back.
You had better mate. I warn you she bites!
Originally Posted by GeoffSr@Isringhausen
Thanks for coming out to see us Alex and pick up this very special RS. We are all so glad you guys got it. Can't wait to see what you do with it. All of us were jelous of your road trip as well. How cool. Most just have their cars trucked home and worry about every mile they drive after that. So glad to see you guys using your new toy as it was designed. Great to meet you. We will be using more of your products for sure.
Thank you for the hospitality Geoff. Really added to this whole experience and encouraged us to get our butts on a plane and just drive this thing home. We really wanted to meet you guys and prove that one doesn't need European Delivery eh? Wait till you see the shenanigans from today!

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Great spec on that car, have a fun trip!
Somebody had a LOT of fun and I know I did too:P

Originally Posted by 20C4S
^^shows how crazy Riviera looks under the sunlight. it just glows that hurts eye. lovely!
For sure pal. The pictures are just.. I don't know you can't tell until you see it. I love that it's NOT metallic. Flat is killer...

Originally Posted by Marc
Alex really cool thread....drive away and post more pics!
Thanks Marc and inbound I promise

Old 11-04-2011, 05:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
^haha. trust me i know man. i wish we got a twin. too bad Porsche Fcuk up the order.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Day Two: 800 miles & four states later…
If there are two things that stand out for me today:
1) Who needs European Delivery when you have Route 66?
2) Covering some 800+ miles, four states, many different quality of roads this MK2 RS is one helluva road car. There can’t be many cars capable of so much yet are able to do so with such ease and comfort. It’s no caddy but she glides along…

The heavy rain shower from the night before took its toll on our stunning SharkWerks Satin Blue Paint Protection Film Wrap Technology TM. Here’s Sharky making a few take-two style adjustments and corrections.

No words necessary.

Off we go and in the middle of an Oklahoman Porsche meet!

Oklahoma this time of year had trees galore of all different colors. The North American Amazon! We stopped at a Cherokee Trading post. It had Indians. Real ones!

There was a big sign warning us that this was the last Mickey D’s in the entire State!

There are a few issues with this type of paint protection. The marquee is no longer visible. Another wardrobe malfunction. No Porsche dealership for miles so we did what we could:

There’s no way 5’9-Dan is this tall in real life. The car isn’t this short either.

You don’t see these factory-blue seat pass throughs every day. Neither do we sitting and facing forwards. They kind of sort of work. They just do.

Another rest stop and another old school Le Mans-style driver change:

Next up was Texas.

We wouldn’t have it any other way:

We decided to pull over and get ourselves kitted out properly with a hood ornament to help make some friends. It was getting dark so we tested the day-time running lights.

Just one of many rest stops in Texas:

She’s a looker:

We also hit 1000 miles on the Odometer and hence began to give her some real welly (see video). As fun as this was, I know we have some work ahead of us with the throttle settings. There’s room on the table. It was neat to hear our exhaust again on the 3.8 engine with a LWF. You also really notice the intake howl more than on cars with the 996GT3 style intake (997.1GT3, RS and 997.2GT3). The 4.0 and the conical intakes likely make even more.

All those high revs meant we needed gas. We thought we’d go off the reservation a bit and find something better than 91 octane but clearly we came by a few years too late. Skynet and the Terminators had already taken over the world and “Judgement Day” had come and gone. At least someone left a couch for us to rest on.

Finally we did find a station with premium fuel. I have no comment on the 86 octane. That’s not even fit for adding to a protein shake. Great timing also as we had a driver change and Dan was lucky enough to drive the properly broken-in RS with said 90-octane. He was forced to baby it on his stint and will complain about it for many years to come. This is the first and I guarantee will be the last time that Pische-for-gas sees the inside of this car.

Texas lasts forever and being a navigator you get to play with the Sporty Chrono and XM radio:

At least he was treated tot a Texas-style sunset.

In a desert devoid of civilization there was a sign and Texas decided to help cheer up Dan once again. This seems like a good place to visit from dusk till dawn.

Near the Texas and New Mexico border we had to stop for bathroom break. Good thing we did too. Take your boots off before entering:

Don’t forget to wash your hands either. Our thicker optioned alcantara wheel appreciates it:

New Mexico was next. We wanted to try and blend in here as well:

Not that New Mexico is boring but if we could teleport ourselves and this car anywhere it would be here:

Still on Route 66 we couldn’t find a place to settle down for the night. This one seemed ok but the parking was sketchy.

Tomorrow we’re hoping to continue through New Mexico and Arizona and catch the odd UFO or two.

THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY OUR LATEST SPONSOR:
Blue Tape! It's Great!

Old 11-04-2011, 06:47 AM
Former Sponsor
Old 11-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like one helluva roadtrip!

Old 11-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
What a road trip this is! Loving the pictures.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Who makes that sweet sounding exhaust?

Quick Reply: Shark Werks Goes on US Tour with a New, Zany-Colored 2011 GT3 RS