Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shark Werks Goes on US Tour with a New, Zany-Colored 2011 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharky
Hehe no just the wrong tire set up Would love to go up and see you guys and Luis etc...
If that's how it's going to be, maybe I'll just have to visit you on my way to Laguna Seca in a couple weeks. I'll be in touch.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Update from the end of day 1 and 400 miles later...
First of all I can really confirm that the way the suspension has been re-done clearly it's a more compliant road car. Less movement, nervousness and feedback. A 400 mile drive in this car is certainly "easier" and more comfortable than in our Mk1. You can see why not only with better aero but revised suspension Porsche was able to get a few more seconds at the ring. Less fighting with the wheel I guess. We hit some heavy rain coming into Joplin and the reduction in nervousness certainly made it "easier" to deal with the rain too.

The 3.8 has a bit more tq than the 3.6 indeed but it doesn't rev quite as snappily as the Mk1. Our RS is heavily optioned so it's actually a very comfy, easy to use road car with all the mod cons. We all know the rear visibility is useless with that wing but hey mine is big and has orange bits on it so who cares

Overall I'm stoked thus far. The car feels very familiar and I'm at home.....

Got to Isringhausen's dealership at 9:30 and took a tour. Really nice dealership with much more of a focus on 911s than what I'm used to in California.

Sorry for the iphone (in some case) pix but someday we'll capture what the color really looks like. In the mean-time I'm super-happy with Geoff Sr. & Jr, owners of the dealership:

Dan made some name tags:

Taking a peak at their 06 Cayman race car:

And their newer 09 DFI one also running in the Cayman series:

Walking around I saw this 4.0 was sold as well:

And so was this nifty red 997 GTS with the aerokit:

Despite being a super-quick Turbo S I still am having trouble loving that rear end:

Our first stop was at a certain store you'll find in any state Some racer's tape:

This seemed like a good place to stop and stretch our legs before officially heading out west:

And here's that wicked structure sans the car:

Not only did we pass through Cuba...

But we took a few hits by the looks of our "home-made" racer's tape wrap job through Lebanon:

Interesting factoid we noticed when going from Illinois to Missouri. The penalty "hitting" a road safety worker in a construction zone is $14000 and a possible 15 year sentence. Do the same thing in Missouri and it's only a ten year stretch! Road safety signs in Missouri:

Got to love the 93 octane vs the crap-tastic 91 we get in California:

Back on the road and on the way to Joplin. Our stop for the night. Pretty sad to see the state of the city. Some areas just have "holes" where structures stood before the Tornados hit earlier in the year:

Old 11-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
u like my yellow pulls?

Old 11-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Holy cheap gas, Batman! Safe travels, Sharky!

Old 11-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Teamspeed Member
rubber_ducky is on a distinguished roadrubber_ducky is on a distinguished roadrubber_ducky is on a distinguished road
Love this thread. Especially the map.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 20C4S
u like my yellow pulls?
Yes yes yes! They make me smile!!!
Originally Posted by bonehead
Holy cheap gas, Batman! Safe travels, Sharky!
ROFL I know and it's 93 octane here too. She's getting drunk on that stuff!
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
Love this thread. Especially the map.
Thanks mate and it's a lot of fun The map made us decide that nobody would ever need European delivery:P
Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Sharky and Dan picked up their new GT3 RS this morning and just sent me this photo update at the arch in St. Louis on their way back to Sharkwerks in California!

Seriously Geoff and crew you guys are the BEST. What a great experience- the hospitality, enthusiasm and kindness by everyone there should be a lesson to all dealerships. I'm not just saying that you guys truly uphold that whole Porsche experience and should be proud of what you have all achieved there. I hope more Teamspeeder's get to meet you and stuff!

Old 11-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Great spec on that car, have a fun trip!

Old 11-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Alex revving up their new RS for the first time!!

Sharkwerks GT3 RS Delivery - YouTube

Old 11-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
^^shows how crazy Riviera looks under the sunlight. it just glows that hurts eye. lovely!

Old 11-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Alex really cool thread....drive away and post more pics!

Quick Reply: Shark Werks Goes on US Tour with a New, Zany-Colored 2011 GT3 RS