Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Personal car of the LFA's designer

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
OT: Personal car of the LFA's designer

True story.

Lexus launched the LFA supercar here in the Philippines earlier this week, and at the launch party I had a brief chat with the car's chief designer, Mr. Haruhiko Tanahashi.

His English wasn't great, but when a friend told him I was a Porsche fan, Tanahashi-san whipped out his mobile phone and said "this car, my personal car". On his phone was a picture of his garage with a pristine looking white 993 Carrera.

Thought that was pretty cool!

His daily driver however is a Toyota Yaris!

Last edited by hesperus; 10-13-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:32 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
great story

Old 10-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool story bro

Pix of launch

Old 10-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
That story would make a great movie

Old 10-13-2011, 11:56 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
great idea, care to put together a script?

Old 10-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Very cool!!!

Old 10-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
i didn't bother taking pics but a friend of mine took this video.

its boring standard marketing BS... BUT you have to fast forward to about 4:12 into the clip, til around 4:50. I used to think the LFA sounded as good as the CGT. after hearing it up close and in person, i was wrong, its probably the only car i can think of that sounds more like an F1 car than a CGT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF926tIMzek

Old 10-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
A+ Thread. Would read again.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
A TOYOTA YARIS? wow that is pretty shocking...

Old 10-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Alex12de
A TOYOTA YARIS? wow that is pretty shocking...
why is that? Tokyo traffic (i'm assuming he lives in Tokyo, could be wrong) can be pretty nasty, as it does in any megacity.

when he told me he drives a Yaris on a daily basis, I said he'd probably be faster in it than in the LFA, navigating the streets of Tokyo at rush hour, and he agreed!

Quick Reply: OT: Personal car of the LFA's designer