Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche's Ambitious Future Plans

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed on the 911 at the 458 level....but porsche also doesn't charge you the 458 costs either.... I think that they are plenty capable but since VW holds their balls now we will see how fast all of this happens.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Golden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished road
i think we all agree that the time has come for a mid engined car that can compete at le man,sebring etc to compete with the 458, and look how lamborghini is doing now in europe,then maclaren will be on pace,porsche need that 960 and the gap is there in the market,there will always be a race market for gt3 carrera cup etc,cayman has been held back not to upset the 911 brand ,lets keep it that way and develop a car that stands on its own and bring porsche back to top line motersport,iv'e been driveing gt3'3 for 10 years now and am ready for a new taste, as long as porsche adopt the same route as ferrari and build a clubsport version as scuderia/ 458 challange car, im sure many a gt3/rs driver would agree,but please please no turbo's we want to here that possible flat 8 ???

Old 10-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
Looking at the recently released camo free boxster pics, the pic in the first post look exactly how one wold expect the cayman to look!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pmpsch
Looking at the recently released camo free boxster pics, the pic in the first post look exactly how one wold expect the cayman to look!
Agree. Damn good looking car. In any color BUT "split pea green"

Old 10-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Arsalan is on a distinguished roadArsalan is on a distinguished roadArsalan is on a distinguished roadArsalan is on a distinguished roadArsalan is on a distinguished road
I have a question:By the time Porsche manages to make a car that would be in the same league as Ferrari 458, wouldn't the Ferrari be due to change by now??(according to the report the new Porsche is coming in 2015-16 by that time 458 would be 6-7 years old)

By the way Porsche you need think of names,Pajun,Seriously.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Arsalan
I have a question:By the time Porsche manages to make a car that would be in the same league as Ferrari 458, wouldn't the Ferrari be due to change by now??(according to the report the new Porsche is coming in 2015-16 by that time 458 would be 6-7 years old)

By the way Porsche you need think of names,Pajun,Seriously.
I think Ferrari needs to come out with something to be in Porsche's league.
The 997 Turbo S would beat 458 in a drag and I think the 991Turbo would be even better than 458, if that is what you want to know.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Golden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished road
totally agree with the performance of the turbo s, against the 458 but to me i'm ready to move up a gear,i'm porshe through and through but ready for something new to tingle the taste buds,i drove a 458 recently and enjoyed the experience and event but it wasn't a 'porshe' i would always have a gt3/rs in my garage but feel if we had that car around the 150,000k in pounds it would sit so well in the range.but as i recently said we need a clubsport spec that sounds like a carrera gt. come on andreas you can do it.... im off to silverstone on tuesday for the launch of the 918 spyder, it will be interesting how the conversation goes regarding this possible 960,i can picture it now, gt silver,solid black wheels yellow ceramic brakes,alcantara and carbon interior and pdk's' box with big carbon paddles

Old 10-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ps..... please porshe with the 991 and future models sort out your quality control that you stand by so strongly and get your finishing bang on,dont let this slip and take your eye off the ball by building to many cars,would rather wait a little longer and get it right.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dxpetrov is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Golden Crust
totally agree with the performance of the turbo s, against the 458 but to me i'm ready to move up a gear,i'm porshe through and through but ready for something new to tingle the taste buds,i drove a 458 recently and enjoyed the experience and event but it wasn't a 'porshe' i would always have a gt3/rs in my garage but feel if we had that car around the 150,000k in pounds it would sit so well in the range.but as i recently said we need a clubsport spec that sounds like a carrera gt. come on andreas you can do it.... im off to silverstone on tuesday for the launch of the 918 spyder, it will be interesting how the conversation goes regarding this possible 960,i can picture it now, gt silver,solid black wheels yellow ceramic brakes,alcantara and carbon interior and pdk's' box with big carbon paddles
If you were ''porshe through and through'' you would know that your car name is spelled - P O R S C H E!

Old 10-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
Agree. Damn good looking car. In any color BUT "split pea green"
I think it'd look good in that color.

https://teamspeed.com/forums/boxster...red-again.html

Quick Reply: Porsche's Ambitious Future Plans