Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche GT2 RS vs Lamborghini Aventador

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 09:45 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Turboholic
he really is a douchebag
I think he`s funny slob and not a Dbag at all,...

Old 03-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Jules944
First of all, it's not a serious "test". Axel Stein is a (quite bad..) comedian, I don't know why he is testing in this show...

No drag race indeed, but they checked 0-200 kph: Lambo 11,1s without Launch Control and a troll shifting and 8,9s with the computer generated acceleration.

GT2 RS - 9,8s.

So the Lambo would have taken the drag race..

The Porsche with at least part-time racecar driver Malmedie took the "road course" race by about 1,6 seconds. I think if the same driver drove both cars, the Lambo would once again win because of the long straight...

As last "test" to decide the third point (1:1 so far..) they checked the sound in a "tunnel" which the Lambo clearly won (107,8 to 99,9 dBA).

But in the end they say: "These are supercars, we can't say the Lambo won 2:1, it's the better car".

Throughout the clip, they are joking that its 38°C and the Porsche has no air condition, but as conclusion they say the Lambo has more aggressive looks and turns more heads, therefore Axel Stein would take the Lambo and Malmedie wouldn't...

But all in all nice to see those cars driving around!
Hi Jules,

Thanks for the info..to all non Germans here we should also mention that even in Germany the series "Grip" is considered to be a "low level" magazine...

However, they are fun to watch some times..but thats it. Which car would be faster, I wouldnt trust these guys..better leave that up to Sport Auto Nürburgring test.

The aventador has only been tested by Sport Auto crew on hockenheim..and if I remember correctly it was 0,2 off the GT2RS. As was the Mclaren..on the whole ring this added up to 4 seconds then (but most of us wouldnt be able to feel these 4 seconds anyway).

The aventador has however one very big disadvantage - probably its knock out criteria for not beating the GT2RS- which is weight. 1800Kg is way too much..whta you gain in acceleration due to the higher HP you will loose disproportionally more on braking due to the weigth. The best and most effecient way to make a car faster is to reduce weight - and not to increase HP. Basic car technology..

This is however impressive here..a C-GT beats the aventador here!!
Official: Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 - Page 29

PS: I bet you all the aventador will not beat the GT2RS around the ring..so it will remain as "king of the ring" for some time..