Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Porsche 991 GT3/GT3 RS - What do you want to see?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JCay
If they could move the engine a little forward that would be great... like slightly in front of the rear wheels would be perfect. kthx!
I can confirm that this will happen. In spite of Porsche will never admmit it the engine will be more like central position. The GT3 will start with the 3.8.

Now just imagine better versions and an engine in the middle? Isn't that improving perfection?

Old 09-12-2011, 02:48 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
If they throw a PDK into the greatest drivers car marque ever my interest will die completely. No GT3/RS should ever have an automatic transmission. I don't care how fast it clicks off gear changes. Paddles = Lame. I would definitely be interested in a sequential gearbox because it's pure racing technology. I'd also like 515-530 HP. That's a great number for this car. Also a factory cage would be fantastic. A passenger seat delete and no sound-deadining material would be fantastic also but now I'm just day-dreaming

Old 09-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
For those who prefer the wingless look:

Old 09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
This thread will never end..

500hp GT3
570hp GT3RS
Sequential gearbox
No gizmo's on the interior (IE center clock, leather, stiching, etc..)

Old 09-12-2011, 05:30 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Anothony don't bother will have a big arse wing mate!

Old 09-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I agree DJ, it almost looks naked without one.
Originally Posted by exRockstar
I can confirm that this will happen. In spite of Porsche will never admmit it the engine will be more like central position. The GT3 will start with the 3.8.

Now just imagine better versions and an engine in the middle? Isn't that improving perfection?
The engine won't be in front of the rear wheels. If they did that, they'd have to completlely redesign the chassis to put the gearbox in the rear. While I do think the engine will be moved forward, it will still be a rear engined car. What is your source that you confirmed that with.

Also the 911 defines perfection, and it just so happens perfection has an engine at the rear!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
Crash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished road
All I want to see with the new 991 GT3 is one in my garage!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Nan
Teamspeed Member
Nan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enough
Great renderings!
Can't wait to see the 991 & all it's versions in the flesh.
Based on the current series of GT cars Porsche has produced & with Andreas running that department, I am sure the new GT3/RS will be great car. I was concerned about the 997.2 turbo with the 9A1 motor, but the new Turbo is a beast in stock form. So I'm sure the GT3/RS will continue to impress.

Options: Manual, less weight, same options as the Euro market, dry sum motor, shorter gearing....
I want to see the 9A1 motor win some motorsport events, then throw that version of the motor into the GT3/RS.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Carrera
For those who prefer the wingless look:

love it! not a fan of the rice-burner wings of late.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
many are saying sequential box, i know it sounds cool but its imposible, sequential boxes are imposible to drive in traffic and they also need to be rebuilt after a couple of races

maybe a sequential option for those that soley want it to race it but then whod take an rs over a cup

Quick Reply: 2013 Porsche 991 GT3/GT3 RS - What do you want to see?