Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS 4.0 beats up the GT2 RS price!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 03:35 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharky
there just isn't any collectable modern-day 911. Buy, drive and enjoy... If someone wants to collect it's best to stick to Minichamps:P
And by Minichamps, you mean aircooled 911s right?

Old 08-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
yearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry but that asking price on the 4.0 is just plain stupid. Its what, £130k list?

I'd love either car but the 4.0 for me does not do much more than the reg RS. Having said that I had a nose around one the other day and it was lovely and very desirable... Lovely car but the 2RS is awesome too and sold for more at list price and will therefore hold its value over the 4.0 once the initial hype settles.

I'll stick with my Gen 1 GT3 as its great value and does 95% what an RS does.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Not surprised at all!

Old 08-31-2011, 12:16 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yearone
I'll stick with my Gen 1 GT3 as its great value and does 95% what an RS does.
and if you get bored there are always 3.9 kits to bridge the gap

Old 09-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
GT2RS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 20C4S
as predicted.

given the current market condition, those cars will just keep diving to find its bottom. the RS 4.0 is the hottest new thing right now so no surprise it gets more premium over than the GT2 RS. it will start to take a dive when the shine is over. however, i don't think it will drop as much as the 2 RS simply because the 2 RS was just too expensive to begin with.

those potential ''maybe collectable'' 911s will take a long time to find its historical value. for now, the value will only heading south.
Sorry to revive this, and to quote, this nothing personal, but seeing where GT2RS values are today in Europe, can't find many in the US to compare, you will be lucky to find any for less than 400K Euros. They are also only a handful for sale around the globe. The car is only 4 years old and already trading hands at double its original price almost. Predicting the car market is like playing the roulette.

The 3RS 4.0 lt. seems to have fallen slightly behind the 2RS but not much. The 997GT2 are also becoming very hard to find and trading 120-170k Euros. Wait for a year and they might hit 200K.

It looks like these last Metzger engines are in for a wild ride in the next 10 years. I thought my air-cooled turbos were the investment, but it looks like the RS will wipe it out in a few years.
Hang on to them, drive them and keep them original.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT2RS
Sorry to revive this, and to quote, this nothing personal, but seeing where GT2RS values are today in Europe, can't find many in the US to compare, you will be lucky to find any for less than 400K Euros. They are also only a handful for sale around the globe. The car is only 4 years old and already trading hands at double its original price almost. Predicting the car market is like playing the roulette.

The 3RS 4.0 lt. seems to have fallen slightly behind the 2RS but not much. The 997GT2 are also becoming very hard to find and trading 120-170k Euros. Wait for a year and they might hit 200K.

It looks like these last Metzger engines are in for a wild ride in the next 10 years. I thought my air-cooled turbos were the investment, but it looks like the RS will wipe it out in a few years.
Hang on to them, drive them and keep them original.
GT2RS,
no problem. yes u're right. the market of those is going completely nuts in the past 24 months if not shorter. doesn't seem like it's going to stop but we never know. i think Porsche's product strategy certainly helped what we are seeing today. also supply & demand on those cars are one of the main driving factor for the price too. yes there are more 3RS 4.0 on the market than 2RS. at least in U.S that's the case. quite a few 3RS 4.0 asking for crazy money but none 2RS on the market. it's a bit strange.