Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Added "Canards" to the GT3 RS, what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool but I'd do them in black

Old 08-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Try doing a photoshop of the wheels in the same color of the car.. Rest stays the same!

Old 08-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good. Any more pics of a full side shot of the car?

Old 08-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Tips, we need a pic of the full car at a small angle and from a distance... (like the 1st but less angle and 2 to 3 meters away)
The way the red up front (center of the bumper) flows with the canards to the graphics on the side looks good... and the winglets match complete the look

We already spoke on how I would do them but I think they look great this way too

Last edited by GrayTT; 08-25-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:01 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Not a fan, I think it looks too ricey in red. Black would be better, it would be much more subtle. The red might look in balance if the wheels were red.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really nice
I personally love them, and I'd love them even more with red wheels.

lovely car no matter what color it is enjoy it in the best of health my friend

-AJ

Old 08-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
leave as is...very cool

Old 08-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Leave them as is...they look awesome. And it's not like you're trying to pass your 3.8 off as a 4.0, just adding some modifications for looks and potentially for performance.

As for the aerodynamic affects...which are real to consider, do you track it at (very) high rates of speed? If so, you might just want to consider the impact they have on traction and whether the rear end will be out of balance.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Tips, we need a pic of the full car at a small angle and from a distance... (like the 1st but less angle and 2 to 3 meters away)
The way the red up front (center of the bumper) flows with the canards to the graphics on the side looks good... and the winglets match complete the look

We already spoke on how I would do them but I think they look great this way too
Your the camera pro and youv got a spare key, DO IT

Originally Posted by dallascajun
Leave them as is...they look awesome. And it's not like you're trying to pass your 3.8 off as a 4.0, just adding some modifications for looks and potentially for performance.

As for the aerodynamic affects...which are real to consider, do you track it at (very) high rates of speed? If so, you might just want to consider the impact they have on traction and whether the rear end will be out of balance.
I track at the bic our only track, I doubt itl make much of a difference there, not much high speed corners, just one n it ain't that quick

I'm still thinking what to do, those who have seen it like it so far

Old 08-25-2011, 06:00 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Man, some of you dudes have no sense of aesthetics.