Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Gear (USA) Porsche GT2 RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Senna is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the review, as well as how it was down. He even had nice things to say about the 911 cars.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
snowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of light
Sweet! Very nicely done.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
meh is right.

Why would you take a track-focused 911 and drift it round the streets of Los Angeles?
if you could, why not?

but I wonder why they didn't put it round a track or something

Old 08-23-2011, 11:04 AM
nrz
Teamspeed Senior Member
nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
TGUSA needs to stop the silly comparisions and get down to the good stuff like this 2.RS review! I also wondered why the Stig didn't run it around the track?

Old 08-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by nrz
TGUSA needs to stop the silly comparisions and get down to the good stuff like this 2.RS review! I also wondered why the Stig didn't run it around the track?
Do they still do the Stig segments on TG America? Not sure if I've seen any this year.

They are obviously trying to change-up the format from the UK version somewhat and it's somewhat working, but more test-drive segments is really needed as opposed to these hour-long challenge segments.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the rough
Fun to watch...TG USA needs to shit can the other 2 hosts and just let Tanner drive. (should have made him the US Stig, then we wouldnt have to listen to him either)
A white GT2RS in my parkade yesterday morning, unreal!

Old 08-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Probably the best "power test" they have done in the series thus far. The closed LA streets was actually pretty cool!

Old 08-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Def. one of the better episodes... The 5k "Luxury Car" camparo was pretty funny. Pretty cool to see them shut down Downtown LA (at night) for that shoot - Def. a cool experience for Tanner I'm sure.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
I agree it's getting better, but it really sucked the first season, and this season is only marginally better. Maybe it's due to my appreciating Adam Carolla's humor, but I still the The Car Show is much better than TG USA. TG UK > The Car Show > TG USA

Old 08-23-2011, 02:37 PM
nrz
Teamspeed Senior Member
nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Do they still do the Stig segments on TG America? Not sure if I've seen any this year.

They are obviously trying to change-up the format from the UK version somewhat and it's somewhat working, but more test-drive segments is really needed as opposed to these hour-long challenge segments.
I'm pretty sure they are. I think they ran something when the guys from Pawn Stars were on. Not sure though, don't quote me on this.

Quick Reply: Top Gear (USA) Porsche GT2 RS