Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

24 hours in RS 4.0 - no sleep!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ultrarun is on a distinguished roadUltrarun is on a distinguished roadUltrarun is on a distinguished roadUltrarun is on a distinguished roadUltrarun is on a distinguished roadUltrarun is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Oversteer Overlord
Ah, yes. He said he likes to hoof it to work sometimes.

Say hi to him from Karl Peskett.
He said hi back. I've been trying to get him to come onto TS to tell everyone about his time in the 4.0. He's been a motoring journo for 14 years and says it's the best car he's ever driven (and he's driven pretty much everything else in that time).

One part of the trip that didn't make the story was that he was stopped in France at a toll booth by police. He and the photographer were ordered out of the car and he thought he was all kinds of trouble. Turns out it was just a border police check but the French police took a while to understand that an Australian journalist was driven a German-registered car to Le Mans (still about 600km away) and the race had started a few hours ago.
Once they were happy, they took photos and told me friend to accelerate away as hard as he could. They even stopped the cars coming out of the toll booths. So my friend dropped the clutch at about 4000rpm and hammered up to about 230km/h (100km/h over the speed limit) right in front of the police.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ultrarun
He said hi back. I've been trying to get him to come onto TS to tell everyone about his time in the 4.0. He's been a motoring journo for 14 years and says it's the best car he's ever driven (and he's driven pretty much everything else in that time).

One part of the trip that didn't make the story was that he was stopped in France at a toll booth by police. He and the photographer were ordered out of the car and he thought he was all kinds of trouble. Turns out it was just a border police check but the French police took a while to understand that an Australian journalist was driven a German-registered car to Le Mans (still about 600km away) and the race had started a few hours ago.
Once they were happy, they took photos and told me friend to accelerate away as hard as he could. They even stopped the cars coming out of the toll booths. So my friend dropped the clutch at about 4000rpm and hammered up to about 230km/h (100km/h over the speed limit) right in front of the police.
wow that's awesome! thanks for posting up the article and great pics

Old 08-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ultrarun is on a distinguished roadUltrarun is on a distinguished roadUltrarun is on a distinguished roadUltrarun is on a distinguished roadUltrarun is on a distinguished roadUltrarun is on a distinguished road
Last pics.

Attached Images        
Old 08-16-2011, 11:32 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks again for sharing this mate!

Old 08-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
JP3G is on a distinguished roadJP3G is on a distinguished road
That CEL's bothering me.. it's a brand new car ffs!