Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera GT In The USA Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Carrera GT In The USA Questions

I have often wondered about Carrera GT servicing in the USA .
Here in the UK we must all take the car to Porsche Zentrum Reading where they have a few Carrera GT trained personnel who were trained specifically on the CGT .

Reading posts on here it seems that USA CGT's are serviced all over the place ( obvious really considering the size of the USA ) . I suppose my question is in a few parts . Can the Carrera GT be serviced in any OPC in the USA ( or are there a few Carrera GT specific ones ) and if you can go to any OPC surely they don't all have the Carrera GT trained staff ? After all the must be dozens of OPC's in the USA .

Also having no idea of the US market what is a good price for a CGT in the USA now ?

Any excuse to post some CGT pics ...

I love this one , out braking a 458 challenge racer

Last edited by wtdoom; 08-06-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rangieboy17
It's a nice thread and all but I don't see how that is answering his questions?

Old 08-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by strebo
It's a nice thread and all but I don't see how that is answering his questions?
It says in the thread that the tech is certified to work on the CGT, and that not all techs are.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Teamspeed

Old 08-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Full Tilt Rally
It says in the thread that the tech is certified to work on the CGT, and that not all techs are.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Teamspeed
I actually thought that was known since that's how it works in the uk (and world-wide). I thought the question was if 1) You can service your CGT at any dealer, and if so 2) Do all the dealers really have CGT-Certified personnell?

But hey, what do I know . . .

Old 08-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Stebo stop acting like a duchman ffs

Old 08-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the replies gents .

I think perhaps I didnt explain the question properly . I was trying to ascertain 1 / are all usa OPC's able to service carrera gt's or are there a few selected ones ? 2/ If all OPC's are able to service them are they all CGT qualified ?

Old 08-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Nutcrusher
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
Stebo stop acting like a duchman ffs
Who is this "Stebo" you are talking about and what is a "duchman"? Did you mean "Stevo" and a "Dutch man"?

Old 08-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Psstt what do you know about engmish

Old 08-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
W8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Thanks for the replies gents .

I think perhaps I didnt explain the question properly . I was trying to ascertain 1 / are all usa OPC's able to service carrera gt's or are there a few selected ones ? 2/ If all OPC's are able to service them are they all CGT qualified ?
To service a Carrera GT in the USA, the tech must have completed the Carrera GT training at PCNA in Atlanta and the OPC (dealer in US terms) must have purchased the Carrera GT service tools kit -- very expensive IIRC.

In my location in SW Ohio, only one of the 3 dealers had purchased the service tools the last time I asked some years ago. Lucky for me that my dealer was the one to step up to the tool set purchase.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT In The USA Questions