Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera GT In The USA Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Thanks for the replies gents .

I think perhaps I didnt explain the question properly . I was trying to ascertain 1 / are all usa OPC's able to service carrera gt's or are there a few selected ones ? 2/ If all OPC's are able to service them are they all CGT qualified ?
I don't know much about USA, but some of the CGTs in India are serviced by local garages which are associated with the Import company.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Any place that has the certified tech works. In wash state we have 3 alone. I'm sure all across the states there are 100's of spots you can take em.

No not all dealers have certified techs or are trusting enough

Old 08-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Also having no idea of the US market what is a good price for a CGT in the USA now ?

Nice pic

I would think around $250.000 to $450.000.
It depends if you want a almost new one or already used one.
Here's a link. Weirdly enough, when I searched for Carrera GT's in Europe, they were more expensive.

4 Porsche Carrera GT for sale on JamesList

There are probably some more CGT's for sale in the US.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:04 PM
ddk
Teamspeed Junior Member
ddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished road
Those are great pics and such a beautiful car. I will take this opportunity to say the interwebs have ran out of any remotely new carrera gt video's. I think you should stick a few cam's on that baby and give us all 7 min.'s in heaven

Old 08-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
Originally Posted by W8MM
To service a Carrera GT in the USA, the tech must have completed the Carrera GT training at PCNA in Atlanta and the OPC (dealer in US terms) must have purchased the Carrera GT service tools kit -- very expensive IIRC.

In my location in SW Ohio, only one of the 3 dealers had purchased the service tools the last time I asked some years ago. Lucky for me that my dealer was the one to step up to the tool set purchase.
This is the most accurate reply...

My dealer is CGT certified, with one main CGT tech and one back-up tech. Basic tools include adapter plates to put the car up on the hoist, hoist securing straps, torque multiplier wrench, wheel nut lock adapter to more expensive equipment - such as the engine/clutch platform, to drop both. Really neat - the clutch platform is like a surgical table, once it's dropped, there's two precise grips to take it apart, then the tech can go in with a snake cam (think spy movie) to examine it.

As for prices, a low mileage one can fetch between 380k - 410k (roughly), with a NON GT-Silver metallic car higher up in the spectrum.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
There are some aftermarket Porsche shops that have technicians who are qualified to service Carrera GT's. Not only that, they actually bought the necessary tools to do so. Motoring Unlimited here in Seattle has a tech who formerly worked at the Porsche dealership who is qualified for such a task.