Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CARmagazine: Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:34 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Must not comment on the presenter

Old 06-23-2011, 09:37 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
he did seem a bit light in his loafers

Old 06-24-2011, 01:50 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
m5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by IIVVX
if you have 400 to spend why would you even consider a junior supercar?

buy donnie's CGT
While that sounds like a good idea, the 4.0 is turning out to be exactly the car I want, at least today. My goal is a light weight precision track device and so I ordered mine sans ac, front axle lift or sound. I don't think anything out there will give me more pleasure than this car. The point of my post was not necessarily what one would buy if they wanted to spend up to 400K but more of a reaffirmation that this car is indeed going to turn out to be as fantastic as all the reviewers are making it out to be. I asked this because I really want this to be true and hoped I would get some objectivity (which I did get, the idea to spend the money on a CGT instead is very, very intriguing, I will do some more homework on that).

Old 06-24-2011, 02:45 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
If your a car guy, you have to lust over the GT3 4.0! What an incredibly fine tuned razor sharp spine tingling machine this is!

Enjoyed the vid, thx.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ferrariben430 is an unknown quantity at this point
It is certainly an amazing machine, probably one of the only Porsches that I would ever consider purchasing, its engine note is intoxicating

Old 06-24-2011, 06:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
If you can swing a CGT, by all means reconsider!

Old 06-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
This RS 4.0 is simply fabulous and that video is brilliant. You cannot compare it in any way to the Ferrari or Lambo - they are completely different cars - they are only in the same bracket because of price. If you're after one of the finest handling cars that have ever been produced to drive on the road (and track) then search no longer. If only they weren't all sold...

Old 06-24-2011, 08:11 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m5trol
While that sounds like a good idea, the 4.0 is turning out to be exactly the car I want, at least today. My goal is a light weight precision track device and so I ordered mine sans ac, front axle lift or sound. I don't think anything out there will give me more pleasure than this car. The point of my post was not necessarily what one would buy if they wanted to spend up to 400K but more of a reaffirmation that this car is indeed going to turn out to be as fantastic as all the reviewers are making it out to be. I asked this because I really want this to be true and hoped I would get some objectivity (which I did get, the idea to spend the money on a CGT instead is very, very intriguing, I will do some more homework on that).
if you really are looking for something to put some laps into you could flip your allocation and pick up a 7.1 3RS and add a 3.9 kit + suspension and save 100k.