Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera GT Euro Trip

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute
Post Carrera GT Euro Trip

Name:  cgt4444.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  138.4 KB

Carrera GT Euro Trip

Despite numerous trips to the Nurburgring and Spa-Francorchamps in the 4 1/2 years that I've owned the GT, I wanted to drive down to Italy, and take in some of the Alpine passes on the way.

Two track days at Imola proved the catalyst to the trip, so last Wednesday I packed up the car and headed off:

First stop on the way down was an overnight in Strasbourg which was just over 500 miles from home. Apart from having to park the car in a multi-storey carpark, it was an easy run down, and managed to kill a few bugs in the process.

On the Euro Tunnel:

And outside the hotel:

Bug kills:

The next day was off to Zermatt for an overnight stop, taking in the Furka Pass (007's Aston in Goldfinger immortalised this route) and then onto the Grimsel Pass which joins the Furka. Awesome roads and scenery:

Stopped overnight in Zermatt before the run down to Italy the next day via the magnificent Simplon Pass and Lunch on the shore of Lake Lucerne:

Drove down to Imola which is 30 minutes South of Bologna for the hotel close to the Circuit.

We arrived at the Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola for what turned out to be two fantastic days organised by The Racing Line | First choice for track days and track tuition

The circuit was fantastic, I'll post an onboard video a passenger took in due course. I'd had a track set up on the CGT before leaving, 3degrees of negative camber and some toe out on the front.
The car was transformed and monstered all the other cars on circuit. It was one of the best track events I've had in the CGT.

I left on the second day and headed back to Switzerland for an overnight stop in Lucernce:

Then from there back home yesterday, a long day of 700 miles and a brief stop by the French Police for speeding!

The statistics:
2351 miles in 6 days
14.1 MPG
167 gallons of fuel
80 mph average speed
1 litre of Mobil 1

What a trip, what a car, once again I'm humbled by how fortunate I am to have access to such a spectacular machine!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic write up, I would love to be in your shoes one day Do you have a clearbra in the front?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Teamspeed Member
993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Fantastic write up, I would love to be in your shoes one day Do you have a clearbra in the front?
Yes, the entire front, and the lower doors and wheel openings.

Cheers

Old 06-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! awesome write up & fantastic pictures!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Beautiful scenery and a gorgeous car to match. Sounds like you had a lot of fun and that's one of the highest mileage CGTs I've seen. Good job for driving the car the way it was meant to be enjoyed

Old 06-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
awesome!

Old 06-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
What an incredible roadtrip and such an amazing vehicle to do it in! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

What tires were you running on this trip?

Old 06-21-2011, 09:36 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic report!

Old 06-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Alzilla
What an incredible roadtrip and such an amazing vehicle to do it in! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

What tires were you running on this trip?
Michelin Pilot Supersport, 265/35 19" front and 345/30 20" rear.

Despite the heat (34 degrees at Imola) and a lot of sliding the car around, they have remained in good shape.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
great to hear you're enjoying this car the way it should be enjoyed

thanks for sharing this trip with us

Quick Reply: Carrera GT Euro Trip