Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 911 GT2 RS Makes its Debut at Pikes Peak Hillclimb

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Teamspeed Member
Vettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 3RS4.0
Does anyone know what tires these are?
Most likely an S or P series Michelin Slick as thats what they run in GT1/GT2.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Meet & Greet Reception for Jeff at Porsche of Colorado Springs!

I arrived early for the 'meet & greet' reception Porsche of Colorado Springs had for Jeff two days ago. Joe Brenner, the new GM of that dealership, was showing me around the place and we found Jeff in the back with the Michelin guys selecting and 'working' on the tires he would use for the run on Sunday. It was fascinating. They started out with slicks and then 'improved' them. I will not go further because 'loose lips could sink ships'.

Attached are a few photos from that reception. More can be seen in the Teamspeed 987 forum at this link:

https://teamspeed.com/forums/boxster...ill-climb.html

I was worth it for me to go three hours each way from my home in Vail Valley since I was able to talk to Jeff before the rest of the 'social crowd' arrived and to see his gt2 RS in the shop as they worked on it. Jeff is a fellow R Gruppe member and we see him at our events all the time. He is one of the more talented, fearless hill climb drivers in the world today, yet he is also one of the humblest, nicest guy around. A rare combination if you know what I mean!

Saludos, z356 (currently in beautiful Colorado)

Attached Images    
Old 06-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ So awesome. I would have made the trip also.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed. Waiting on outcome posts. Nice color choice too.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond repute
1. Rod Millen 11:04.912
2. Jeff Zwart 11:07.869

For reference, Zwart ran a 11:31.1 with his GT3 Cup in 2010 when he was the 2WD Time Attack winner, and placed 6th overall against all classes. He recorded a record setting time by over 38 seconds.

From Porsche Motorsports to Pikes Peak, the only modifications done to the RS were a full RoW club sport cage, a race seat, some carpeting removed, lightweight plastic GT3 Cup doors, and three-piece BBS alloys wearing Michelin racing tires.

Last edited by bbywu; 06-26-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond repute
1. Rod Millen 11:04.912
2. Jeff Zwart 11:07.869

For reference, Zwart ran a 11:31.1 with his GT3 Cup in 2010 when he was the 2WD Time Attack winner, and placed 6th overall against all classes. He recorded a record setting time by over 38 seconds.

From Porsche Motorsports to Pikes Peak, the only modifications done to the RS were a full RoW club sport cage, a race seat, some carpeting removed, lightweight plastic GT3 Cup doors, and three-piece BBS alloys wearing Michelin racing tires.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I was just trying to track this down! Thanks!

He may of come behind Millen, but still improved on the 2010 time by 24 seconds. I wonder how much of that is due to the car and how much is due to more and more paved roads as part of the route.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
^I'm sure a large part of it is the additional paving, if you look at the video with the Cupcar, he's pretty much sideways and spinning the tires the entire time. The turbocharged motor performs better at altitude too.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe he dogged a $270k brand new car up a gravel road. My sack is not near as big as I thought.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by GTCole
I can't believe he dogged a $270k brand new car up a gravel road. My sack is not near as big as I thought.
The question is: if Porsche offered you a 'loaner' and asked that the only catch was that you race it up a mountain to see what it could do, would you do it?

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 GT2 RS Makes its Debut at Pikes Peak Hillclimb