Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MotorTrend 4.0 RS Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
I personally think the dealer is just blowing smoke to keep you happy. It doesn't seem like anybody has any definitive answer for the PTS. Especially with the demand, why would Porsche bother.
It is also not mentioned anywhere in the document. I'm sure there will be the odd handful which will get the opportunity, but numbers will be extremely limited.

White isn't my first choice, but I'm sure I'll be smiling once it arrives irregardless
I don't even talk to the dealer. I go straight to Porsche. They are doing PTS, it's just a matter of IF they will let you/me have one. They said "special circumstances" or something.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
I don't even talk to the dealer. I go straight to Porsche. They are doing PTS, it's just a matter of IF they will let you/me have one. They said "special circumstances" or something.
Even better Special circumstances... Would it kill them just to be straight forward?

Old 06-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Even better Special circumstances... Would it kill them just to be straight forward?
Good point. I was straight forward. Told em plainly that I WANT it done. I was told by the dealer that I've bought 38 new Porsche's over the last 5 plus years. Seems high, but for that they ought to sh*t and fall backwards in it for me.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
Good point. I was straight forward. Told em plainly that I WANT it done. I was told by the dealer that I've bought 38 new Porsche's over the last 5 plus years. Seems high, but for that they ought to sh*t and fall backwards in it for me.
38!! You are on a roll! They better give you what you want. If they don't, what hope is there for me?

Old 06-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
38!! You are on a roll! They better give you what you want. If they don't, what hope is there for me?
LOL. They don't care. Or at least that's my take.
I'm sure that I will get a bill for $50k just to change the graphics and color of paint. It's such a difficult and expensive task. NOT.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
W8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by nizer
Noticed that as well but seems odd that Motor Trend would use Harris in a photo.
It doesn't seem too odd to me. All print media are now under lots of financial stress because of internet competition. Budgets are pared back from the "good old days". It wouldn't surprise me to find out that it's just easier too use a pool photographer or have the writer snap his own pix. If the writer is also the photog, he can't hardly drive and shoot at the same time.

And, except for eagle eyes like you all, who's going to notice?

Old 06-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Someone on here was rejected for their PTS request a couple weeks back.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
wurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to all
Some PTS requests have been rejected due to the color wanted.
Other colors are still under consideration.
The factory has not said an unequivocal NO to PTS.
Patience.
Best, w

Old 06-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Someone on here was rejected for their PTS request a couple weeks back.
That was me I have still requested for another later build. So I'm holding thumbs!

Last edited by Mike S; 06-08-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by wurlie
Some PTS requests have been rejected due to the color wanted.
Other colors are still under consideration.
The factory has not said an unequivocal NO to PTS.
Patience.
Best, w
Is there something you not telling us? What colours ARE being considered?

Quick Reply: MotorTrend 4.0 RS Review