Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Porsche 458 Killer"

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:58 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
^sounds like you just spec'ed out a RUF CTR3.
lol

Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
I sorta did. And i love that car. But they arent PDK (from what i know) and obv it isnt a Porsche - its a RUF
dont worry, you wont have to shift

its a sequential

Old 06-01-2011, 04:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'd be fine with a GT2RS in my garage.
Good point. Me 2.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Based off of Stoppies "OMG the 458 is insane" thread......and off his comment of "Porsche needs to come out with something to compete with the 458".......i give you this question:

What would the car be - in your mind - that Porsche would/could build that would fight the 458???

Ill go first.

Cayman Platform. 4.0 GT3 RS motor. PDK Trans from Turbo S with updated software. 3 RS suspension. GT2RS interior bits mixed with Turbo S interior bits. PCCB standard. Carbon Fiber everything. Special front bumper (integrated LED's) --- CF bonnet --- side exit exhaust (ala SLR) --- complete carbon undertray (CGT).

There, that should do it. But will they do it for under/around 300k???
You just basically described my car...

Old 06-01-2011, 07:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JCay
You just basically described my car...
a shame it isn't done yet

i think it would have to be a bigger, more powerful cayman s, with >500hp, manual/PDK etc.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, I'll bite.

NO- to the Cayman. It is not, nor never will be - on the same level of a 458 platform. Never. Nor should Porsche use the 'CGT' tub. -that's just dumb.

No, Porsche needs to come out with a MID-engined V8, cabin forward design of their own. The materials, fit and finish, sounds and looks- need to be UNMISTAKEABLE Porsche; but not try to 'redo' what they've done before. IT needs to be original, sound amazing at idle, start up and full throttle.

It needs to have a base price and with options that compete with the 458.

and it needs to have the SOUL of the Carrera GT. What I mean by that is; the CGT showed that Porsche is capable of building something completely mind blowingly awesome, exotic and unique. Unlike anything else they've ever done. Something that is cherished. - not taking anything away from the lovely 911- she will always be the 'staple' granddaddy of all Porsche's. But This next car needs to be really something.

AND NOT F&^%ing share ANYTHING with any other platform. FFS Porsche- do NOT do anything with any existing platform.

When Porsche achieves that- You'll have Ferrari guys SERIOUSLY considering Porsche again.
- I told David " you're really a Ferrari guy now" - and he agreed. Yes he loved his Turbos and GT2- but you could see his emotional response to the 458 was firing all his neurons. -that look when a 7 year old get the ULTIMATE toy. And can't wait to wake up and drive it.

Are you listening Porsche? I know you can achieve this. You're PORSCHE. Of COURSE you can! And you SHOULD!!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:53 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Based off of Stoppies "OMG the 458 is insane" thread......and off his comment of "Porsche needs to come out with something to compete with the 458".......i give you this question:

What would the car be - in your mind - that Porsche would/could build that would fight the 458???

Ill go first.

Cayman Platform. 4.0 GT3 RS motor. PDK Trans from Turbo S with updated software. 3 RS suspension. GT2RS interior bits mixed with Turbo S interior bits. PCCB standard. Carbon Fiber everything. Special front bumper (integrated LED's) --- CF bonnet --- side exit exhaust (ala SLR) --- complete carbon undertray (CGT).

There, that should do it. But will they do it for under/around 300k???
you just wait.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
you just wait.
QUIET YOU!!

Old 06-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Anything with a carbon tub and manual has legendary potential. It's a pretty simple equation, IMO.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:06 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
We will have something quite interesting in a few months. Shut up sanner

Old 06-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
bring it on!

Quick Reply: "Porsche 458 Killer"