Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on RS 4.0 interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 03:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Help on RS 4.0 interior

Guys I need your advice as I cannot make my mind up on this:

RS4.0 seats are only available in alcantara with leather on their sides.
There is the option to have leather interior too, if I am not wrong (if someone can confirm...) leather interior would be on doors panels, glow-box and lateral panels of Radio/navi rack.

I know the RS4.0 phylosophy would not "allow" leather but the standard interior have that sort of cheap-leather anyway (can someone confirm that too?)...
Being already some leather on the seats I thought that some other in the cockpit could match it better...

What would you think?!
Thanks!

Old 05-16-2011, 03:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
It is an option.

You can even have the console, steering column etc. done in leather.
You can also have full leather seats if you want.

I think your dealer couldn't be bothered to go through the options list properly.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Get the leather dashboard and other bits if thats what you want. I think it looks great in leather and the additional alcantara enhances the feel.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:24 AM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
Does the seat lose the alcantara bits when u go for full leather.
Understand you get more alcantara actually

Old 05-16-2011, 05:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pmpsch
Correct! I also don't think you can get red/black seats either. It has to be all black.

Here are the options list for our local market.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for your answers.
Sorry if cannot explain properly...
I go for black/red light bucket seats.
These seats have the sides in black leather while the center part is red Alcantara.
The option "leather interior" (for free in our market) does not change the black/red combo which remains, but few parts of the cockpit change from the black "cheap" leather/plastic material to a proper leather which should be the same as for seat's sides.
These parts are: inside doors panels, glow-box, console's side panles and other bits (you can have a look in the configurator).
What I would like to know from you is if you would choose this standard leather option for the interior or if you would rather leave it "cheap" in pure racing style...

Old 05-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by pmpsch
I do not want to go for full leather at all!
If you go in the configurator you will understand better: Porsche Car Configurator
You see the Sport Bucket Seats remain in leather AND alcantara.
BUT you have the 2nd option: leather interior.
Which one wuold you go for?

Old 05-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Dipstick is an unknown quantity at this point
AFAIK standard 'leather' is really leatherette,kind of artificial leather-like material,hence i'd go for real leather/alcantara(option) or cloth seats(not sure if available for 4.0RS)

Old 05-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Ressy
Thanks for your answers.
Sorry if cannot explain properly...
I go for black/red light bucket seats.
These seats have the sides in black leather while the center part is red Alcantara.
The option "leather interior" (for free in our market) does not change the black/red combo which remains, but few parts of the cockpit change from the black "cheap" leather/plastic material to a proper leather which should be the same as for seat's sides.
These parts are: inside doors panels, glow-box, console's side panles and other bits (you can have a look in the configurator).
What I would like to know from you is if you would choose this standard leather option for the interior or if you would rather leave it "cheap" in pure racing style...
I see.

It's a RS - I would leave it the standard "cheap" leather. It's not meant to be luxurious IMO. Rather order a Carrera GTS if that's the case

Old 05-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Mike S
I see.

It's a RS - I would leave it the standard "cheap" leather. It's not meant to be luxurious IMO. Rather order a Carrera GTS if that's the case
I agree with you and infact I do not understand why they put leather on the sport bucket seats... I would have done all Alcantara...

Quick Reply: Help on RS 4.0 interior