Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIDEO: 458 vs ZR1 vs NSX-R in Best Motoring

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011 | 10:25 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow VIDEO: 458 vs ZR1 vs NSX-R in Best Motoring

It's Tsukuba

and "Drift King" Tsuchiya is driving his personal, tuned NSX-R against a 458 and ZR1

And of course given its Best Motoring, the race HAS to be rigged... and so the invincible NSX-R HAS to win... right?

YouTube - Ferrari 458 italia vs Corvette ZR1 vs Amuse 370z vs DK NSX-R vs RSD 360 Modena

DJ and mods... i know, i know, no Porsche content here. Sorry, but i thought it was an entertaining vid to watch anyway. sorry, feel free to move the post if i'm off base here

Old 05-12-2011 | 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Pretty much what I expected. 458 just walks away.

They do tend to favor Japanese vehicles, but they also are people and whomever gets the lead drives hardest. The 458 and ZR1 have a form of launch control if I remember correctly, it was not used from what I can tell. It seems they may either want to save the vehicles from un-needed wear or they are trying to make things more exciting. In either case seeing what the actual driving and head to head battles are is entertaining and fun.

Also this might be better in a related car area, or the general car area.

Old 05-12-2011 | 02:24 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Frankly i'm impressed with the NSX performance considering that chassis was launched and not significantly changed... ohhh 20 years ago!

Old 05-12-2011 | 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
sk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond repute
It would be more interesting if they throw in a GTR and LFA instead of the NSX and Z.

Old 05-12-2011 | 02:45 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sk8boy
It would be more interesting if they throw in a GTR and LFA instead of the NSX and Z.
Here you go then: Track Test - LFA vs GTR vs GT2 RS vs ZR1

LFA, GTR, ZR1... no 458, but a GT2RS (!).

and at Fuji, a proper power track, not a tiny track like Tsukuba

here's the problem... its videos like this that IMO completely undermine BM's credibility.

i'm sure the latest 530HP GTR is a real monster, but the delta in laptime with the 2RS just cannot possibly be right... not on what seems to be a power track like this. not to mention that the Porsche driver was so clumsy, crunching gears and missing shifts. Seiji Ara is a decorated driver for sure (he won LeMans in '04 and has done WTCC, JGTC...) but I can't remember any BM races where he shone; he always seems so tentative and nowhere near as aggressive as guys like Tsuchiya.

and then there's the ZR1... it makes no sense to me that it did so well at a tight technical track like Tsukuba, even relative to a monster like the 458... yet it seemed completely out of its depth here on a track that you'd think would favor its massive power. Hattori is normally one of the more aggressive BM drivers-- he's had some epic fender to fender battles with Tsuchiya, so WTH is going on here, who knows...

anyway, this vid will surely fan the flames of the "Best Motoring is rigged" brigade, as much as the first vid I posted seems to prove otherwise.

all moot at this point, as the show has been cancelled... after 24 years! I may be mistaken but i think this was their farewell race.

love 'em or hate 'em, they were always entertaining to watch, and what other gear head show can you think of that has run that long, with this kind of wheel to wheel action (even if frequently with dubious outcomes).

i'll miss 'em for sure.

R.I.P. Best Motoring (1987-2011)

Old 05-13-2011 | 08:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
wth is the 370Z even doing in there?

Old 05-13-2011 | 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
helothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by hesperus
Here you go then: Track Test - LFA vs GTR vs GT2 RS vs ZR1

LFA, GTR, ZR1... no 458, but a GT2RS (!).

and at Fuji, a proper power track, not a tiny track like Tsukuba

here's the problem... its videos like this that IMO completely undermine BM's credibility.

i'm sure the latest 530HP GTR is a real monster, but the delta in laptime with the 2RS just cannot possibly be right... not on what seems to be a power track like this. not to mention that the Porsche driver was so clumsy, crunching gears and missing shifts. Seiji Ara is a decorated driver for sure (he won LeMans in '04 and has done WTCC, JGTC...) but I can't remember any BM races where he shone; he always seems so tentative and nowhere near as aggressive as guys like Tsuchiya.

and then there's the ZR1... it makes no sense to me that it did so well at a tight technical track like Tsukuba, even relative to a monster like the 458... yet it seemed completely out of its depth here on a track that you'd think would favor its massive power. Hattori is normally one of the more aggressive BM drivers-- he's had some epic fender to fender battles with Tsuchiya, so WTH is going on here, who knows...

anyway, this vid will surely fan the flames of the "Best Motoring is rigged" brigade, as much as the first vid I posted seems to prove otherwise.

all moot at this point, as the show has been cancelled... after 24 years! I may be mistaken but i think this was their farewell race.

love 'em or hate 'em, they were always entertaining to watch, and what other gear head show can you think of that has run that long, with this kind of wheel to wheel action (even if frequently with dubious outcomes).

i'll miss 'em for sure.

R.I.P. Best Motoring (1987-2011)

just think of the battle as a "show"
when they did time attack before that battle
GT2 RS clocked the best lap time, at least 1 sec difference with 2nd best (GT-R)

also when they were talking about the cars
LFA is faster in higher speed cornering sections (than the GT-R)
GT-R has much more grip in slower cornering sections (than the LFA and RS)
all in all, GT2 RS is the best all around supercar among cars they tested
(in this case, among LFA, ZR1, GT-R and RS)

and btw, best motoring is not "cancelled". they say it's going on a "break" that they don't even know when they will come back from it.....

just my 2 cents...

but thanks for the link. i was gonn post up the time attack session and straight line rolling battle as well...

Old 05-13-2011 | 12:39 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
thanks for the added info! i didn't see the time attack portion. pls post the link?

also, i'm assuming they used the same driver for the time attack, which obviously removes that variable.

finally, i do agree with your comment about the battle being as much a "show" as anything else.

cheers

Old 05-13-2011 | 09:47 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
regardless, it was always entertaining. sad to see it go.

Old 05-13-2011 | 11:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
helothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura about
here's the time attack session and the 50km/h to whatever rolling they do at the main straight.
btw, it is the LFA vs GT2 RS vs GT-R vs ZR1 vs tuned F430

time attack
http://www.youtube.com/embed/lh0pX7_HKZA

rolling
http://www.youtube.com/embed/NukiQ6gvrpE

Last edited by helothere; 05-13-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Quick Reply: VIDEO: 458 vs ZR1 vs NSX-R in Best Motoring