Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche's next move, the V-8 Porsche 961

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Wink

Originally Posted by GTCole
On this subject of performance differences, I'm curious how different people think the GT2 RS is to the 918. I'm just not seeing numbers that justify all this.
I feel the same as you on the subject..if the 918 cant be - and wont be - much faster then the old school GT2RS..then a 961 will not be better either..thats clear. Porsche cannot - and will not - destroy the "Million Dollar Baby 918"..

PS: the lap record on the Nürburgring is 6:11 - by Stefab Bellof in an early 962 in the early 80s..that tells you something..how far we are still...

Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
On this subject of performance differences, I'm curious how different people think the GT2 RS is to the 918. I'm just not seeing numbers that justify all this.
Right, there's just not room in the vast price stratification for the hot 991s (GT3, GT2, RS of each, Turbo, Turbo S), then the 961, then the 918 above that. The 991 chassis is far better than the 996/997, so with extra power and gizmos it should be killer on all the objective performance stuff.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
Few more rumors floating around: V8 with around 600 bhp; Panamera Sport Turismo will have the same design characteristics as the 961; price around 300.000 Euros.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
forget the specs, its a money thing, if they can they will , the accountants know there's market over the 911 range ,super rich will always buy a 918 because they can and will more than likely have loads of other stuff to, i for one is interested in a 961, had a letter of intent at my dealership for over 18 months! hoped it was going to be around the £200,000 not £250,000 , can have a 991gt3rs and cayanne gts for the same money! best of both worlds !

Old 11-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Artzt is an unknown quantity at this point
Saw this about a year back. Thought it was fantastic.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
918 killer

Old 11-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Artzt
Saw this about a year back. Thought it was fantastic.
I see design cues from Chevrolet and Spyker amoung others.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Just found this on RennTeam.

Last edited by Milanno; 11-07-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nohssiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Milanno - "please login or register to view this content"

Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BLACKBULL
I see design cues from Chevrolet and Spyker amoung others.
Spyker?

Quick Reply: Porsche's next move, the V-8 Porsche 961