Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche's next move, the V-8 Porsche 961

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 07:53 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm while im very happy with the green light. i must say that the 911 TT and GT models easily keep up with the 458,gallardo and MP4.
So either they will need to up the game and destroy the competition with this new car, and thus make the rest follow.
Or there will certainly be 911s that are just as fast as this new car.

Interesting.. im sure they have a solid plan, its Porsche after all

Old 11-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
This will be very interesting car! I am very curious about performance & styling.

New 961 will be very light with powerful engine, it has potential to be super fast! Problem is, hot to put it between new 991 RS & pricey 918 Spyder in terms of performance & cost?

Old 11-05-2012, 09:02 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
No worries, I just merged the threads, easier that way. Thanks for the new info Nizer!

Old 11-06-2012, 04:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
didn't think the price would be matched as the 458,to near the cost of the new gt2/rs, with some goodies it will be just shy of 300k, 458 starts life around the 170k mark ,but not many leave the showroom under 210k , once a few bits of carbon are added!! and looking at the price of some of the 918 options i gues the 961 will be more expensive to spec than say a standard 911, seems option prices are scaled to the price of the base car!! still be great to see it come to life, for the price it has to deliver the drama and presence that a lamborghini aventador offers imo

Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Teamspeed Member
Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by goldencrust
458 starts life around the 170k mark ,but not many leave the showroom under 210k
Base price on a 458 coupe is $235k

Edit: I just realized you probably mean Euros

Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Nacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mystro
Why do I think the next Audi R8 and the Porsche 961 will share most all of its components????
^^^^^ this...

However, what a welcome addition, if it's necessary I'll leave that to others, this will be to the sports car part of the Porsche family.

Bring it on!

Old 11-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Hi Milanno,

Thanks for the info. Well, if the car will really be build - then I was wrong. However, so far I see no real confirmation either..in the German media there is nothing about it..and Auto Express just writes "confirms"...without quoting him directly...if they interviewed him..they would have put the whole sentence..which one would usually do..

Anyway, the concept is much better than a 918..but if it will be built..I think there would be no 991 GT2 then..even the 961 would have to be careful about a 991 GT3 RS...and what about the 918..will the 961 be the car that offers 95% of the 918 performance..but just more "raw" and for one third of the price etc? Then the 918 will go into history books - "as fastet depreciating car ever".

Until there is a no confirmation from Porsche...I still dont believe in the whole idea..

Lets see..

Old 11-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
sorry jumping horse ££££'s

Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
..well - nothing to be sorry about..If Im wrong - then Im wrong..

Although, this rarely - very rarely happend when it came to Porsche. I betted with a few frinds that the 991S will hit exatcly 7:44 on the Ring in the Sport Auto test- and it did.
Plus a few other things..

Anyway, I will wait until the official confirmation from Porsche..then I will officially "aplogise" here

all the best,

Old 11-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
On this subject of performance differences, I'm curious how different people think the GT2 RS is to the 918. I'm just not seeing numbers that justify all this.

Quick Reply: Porsche's next move, the V-8 Porsche 961