Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: I would take the....
GT2 RS
33.63%
GT3 RS 4.0
66.37%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Now that the 4.0 RS is official. Poll time!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
No turbos for me

Old 04-29-2011, 08:34 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Voted GT2 RS, but really I would need to drive both of them to make up my mind. Would be a tough choice for sure.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
That's also why the Carrera has to go I'm managing... just.

Which other cars have to go with the Carrera?...

Old 04-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
The thought of a 3RS with 50 more hp, RSR crank and lightened internals, revised suspension and improved downforce means that's the local dealer is securing an allocation. First in the area to inquire about this so hopefully they will come through as always...Porsche of Nashville and Evan Lomas/Robert Hartman are just first class from beginning to end

The 2RS wouldn't produce any complaints either....but the instant responsiveness of a 500hp hotted up engine in this setup shades the choice.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:18 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
^ what color did you go with mate?

Old 04-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
^ what color did you go with mate?

Pretty sure I'm going with the white launch pics car...love the contrast with the red/black interior.....those silver graphics and accents look sharp....not sure about the big Porsche lettering on the wing though.

Not looking at a complicated spec here....keep it simple and purposeful.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 670-SV
Which other cars have to go with the Carrera?...
Just the Carrera would need to go (it might even stay as well).

Originally Posted by RufMD
The thought of a 3RS with 50 more hp, RSR crank and lightened internals, revised suspension and improved downforce means that's the local dealer is securing an allocation. First in the area to inquire about this so hopefully they will come through as always...Porsche of Nashville and Evan Lomas/Robert Hartman are just first class from beginning to end

The 2RS wouldn't produce any complaints either....but the instant responsiveness of a 500hp hotted up engine in this setup shades the choice.
I knew this was on you would have to have in your fine line up Congratulations Jas! Can't wait to see it!

Last edited by Mike S; 04-30-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:54 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
3RS4.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by RufMD

+1. Tough choice as the 2RS is epic. Launch color, black/grey interior, no radio, front axle lift.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
congrats to both Mike and Jas!

Old 04-30-2011, 05:08 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Stickshift is on a distinguished roadStickshift is on a distinguished roadStickshift is on a distinguished roadStickshift is on a distinguished road
The GT2 RS is my first car with a Turbo engine, and it will be my last. Even though it is a fricking fast car the GT3 RS MK2 is more enjoyable to me, mainly because of the better engine sound and a more spontaneous throttle response. On the track I have to drive the GT2 RS in a slightly different, less *playful* way to be fast. After the delivery of the RS 4.0 I will probably sell my GT2 RS.

Quick Reply: Now that the 4.0 RS is official. Poll time!