Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: I would take the....
GT2 RS
33.63%
GT3 RS 4.0
66.37%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Now that the 4.0 RS is official. Poll time!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:59 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
Screw it, you only live once. I put my name down as well. They will confirm local price and delivery end of next week. I hate Teamspeed.

Need to work on convincing misses on ditching the C2S in the interim
Ha that's my boy! Still getting the McLaren as well?

Old 04-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Stop it DJ, he already said that he hates Teamspeed. Don't want to get him to really hate us guys.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Of course, but I will pass that one along after 3 months and wait for the GTR (what ever they will call it) version

Old 04-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
For me it's all about racing pedigree and what's on the track and allowed on the road. As the saying goes, race on Sunday, sell on Monday. The 911 GT1, GT3RS, MB CLK GTR, M3 GTR and Evo's and STi's are pretty much road going versions of the actual race car dictated by homologation. Hence my vote for the RS 4.0. Because it was done in the past, we all expected the 4.0 to be an RSR with a 6 spd, AC, and sat nav. At first seeing a GT3RS body with subdued colors dissappointed many but man, an RSR motor in a 911RS body, that is definately making me think about it. Of course if I did buy it, 2 years down the next 991 GT3 will have 500hp, lighter, faster, and I'll go crazy all over again.

Last edited by s4awd; 04-29-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
I adore the GT2RS but the low redline bothers me for an RS car (an RS is ultimately a streetable track car and to me that means precise throttle control and high revving motor). I really think they hit the nail on the head the with GT3 RS 4.0. It comes after years and years of refinement on an already excellent setup.

The big plus too, is that you get to enjoy the 4.0 while not losing any money should you choose to sell it. Heck, it might appreciate even in 10-15 years.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:22 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Me personally? The 4L NA car. I lurve a car that can produce it's own power w/o the aid of a turbo charger or supercharger.

Not to mention the sounds that car will make.................grrrrr baby

Old 04-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, I think you should take 997 rehab with Jox

Old 04-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder what the poll would look like if our wishes came true and the 4.0 RS sitting at the dealer looked like this...

Old 04-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by s4awd
I wonder what the poll would look like if our wishes came true and the 4.0 RS sitting at the dealer looked like this...

Porsche should have given us a street RSR...

Old 04-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, have you considered where are you parking all your cars? Since you are doing house renovations... and in the mean time you are going car shopping again?! That's nut's!

Quick Reply: Now that the 4.0 RS is official. Poll time!