Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: I would take the....
GT2 RS
33.63%
GT3 RS 4.0
66.37%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Now that the 4.0 RS is official. Poll time!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 04:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
The 2 RS is not really an "RS" to Preuninger. It was just a 1 time deal for them. He is speaking of the 3 RS versions. He might have one of the greatest jobs of all time.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
The 2 RS is not really an "RS" to Preuninger. It was just a 1 time deal for them. He is speaking of the 3 RS versions. He might have one of the greatest jobs of all time.
hell yaeh. consider those are his brain child maybe. what a job to have.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B7R
Sorry Mike ....

I will go with the 4.0 naturally aspirated engine for sure
I currently enjoy my GT3RS more than any other 911
It is that amazing "non turbo" feel
Don't worry, it's your opinion and taste. You are entitled to it I love the GT3 as well, but it would be strange for me to have so many variations of the same generation of car. I would rather wait to see what the next gen has in store.

Originally Posted by jcc2tx
Tough one Mike. Not sure I can pick. I'm getting the 4.0 either way.
Lucky you don't have that problem JC I can't wait for you to get yours. This is one boat, I might have to miss.

Originally Posted by 20C4S

as far as future icon goes, because the way they're milking it i think neither one will make it.

he should've said "This is the best NA RS we have ever built." if he had the GT2RS customers in mind.
True, they are milking it quite well I might add

Old 04-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone know when production starts? etc....

Old 04-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Teamspeed Member
Takumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really nice
I say the 3RS 4.0 will be more of a collector icon then the 2RS because:

1)4.0 uses RSR parts and 2RS is basically carry over of suspension from 3RS and minor engine modification

2)4.0 is really the last of its kind being rear engine, N/A GT1 block, and manual. 500hp is really pushing the envelope of tuning. This is pretty much a streetable RSR.

3)In terms of its philosophy, the 3RS is closely related to the RSR, which in another word, seems more hard core. The 2RS is hard core in its own way, but seems more of a street car than an actual race car.

Last edited by Takumi; 04-29-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
In a pure driving enjoyment view, I would go with the RS 4.0 !

Since both those cars are designed for track first and road second, I would ALWAYS prefer a less powered NA car than a more powerful Turbo car on track and even on the road. More predictable power delivery, linear power line, consistent performance lap after lap (no turbo swelling) and etc.

Not to mention 125hp/lt. is quite a landmark.

On a side note, with more strict emission laws and rising fuel prices, we will see lots and lots of new turbo, super high powered exotic cars but such powerful NA cars are a dying breed and it is unlikely that we will see another NA engine surpassing this one in terms of power output. Not that it matters but RS 4.0 will have a collectors status too.

Last edited by Clubber; 04-29-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I regret not getting the most powerful street 911 ever made... Now I'm "settling" for the 4.0...

Old 04-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Teamspeed Member
-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all
There's just something about high revving naturally aspirated motors that I love- time and time again. I think there is really nothing better. My vote is 4.0 - although Im not sure I will be replacing my 2010 gt3

Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Where is the 1973 RS Lightweight box?

Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Dodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to behold
Hard to compare as they have different selling points. Probably 2RS is still the faster one on the road and on most tracks but the 4.0 RS has more racing pedigree.

Don't know how many future owners will be able to exploit the performance difference of the 4.0 RS with the 3.8 RS?

If I was buying it mainly for the road, I would pick the 2RS and if I was buying it mainly for the track, I would pick the 4.0 RS.

Quick Reply: Now that the 4.0 RS is official. Poll time!