Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Golden Crust
here we go again' unzipped my 4.0 on mon with my manager and everything seemed good, stopped by yesterday to see how things were going,car being cleaned for my handover today the guy do the detailing pointed out the following. chipped paint on door shut,a line in the paint,gel coat whole lenghth of the spoiler,wont polish out.cut in the leather panel by the seat belt b pillar. small pin hole on leather dash next to chrono clock,looks like a tool may have caught it when construted.again where is the quality control at the factory? i was offerd a factory collection free of charge due to problems with my 3.8 rs,if i had taken up the offer and seen these issuses at the factory how would they have dealt with them there and then?am i the only guy that gets issues,or i others more relaxed about it,but at this level with the customers who buy these cars and no there stuff it shouldn't happen,any marks on the dash,to me are a nightmare due to being in the line of sight,spoils what should be the best driveing experience of your life,has anyone else out there getting similar issues, ,2 gt3' 4 rs's same old same old .
That's horrendous to hear! Talk about killing off the excitement. I hope they resolve the issues quickly and they better give you a hell of a gift to compensate.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Kidhaa is on a distinguished roadKidhaa is on a distinguished roadKidhaa is on a distinguished road
here we go again' unzipped my 4.0 on mon with my manager and everything seemed good, stopped by yesterday to see how things were going,car being cleaned for my handover today the guy do the detailing pointed out the following. chipped paint on door shut,a line in the paint,gel coat whole lenghth of the spoiler,wont polish out.cut in the leather panel by the seat belt b pillar. small pin hole on leather dash next to chrono clock,looks like a tool may have caught it when construted.again where is the quality control at the factory? i was offerd a factory collection free of charge due to problems with my 3.8 rs,if i had taken up the offer and seen these issuses at the factory how would they have dealt with them there and then?am i the only guy that gets issues,or i others more relaxed about it,but at this level with the customers who buy these cars and no there stuff it shouldn't happen,any marks on the dash,to me are a nightmare due to being in the line of sight,spoils what should be the best driveing experience of your life,has anyone else out there getting similar issues, ,2 gt3' 4 rs's same old same old .
Any consolation i have never ever picked up a car without any issues and it’s always been damage on the fricking paint work!

I jus hope this car i pick up is without any issues!

Sad to hear to though

Old 08-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Golden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished road
thanks guys, porsche gb are a great bunch and doing what they can,this is a factory issue and need to deal with it,in the current climate with money and business tight its our cars that make it all worth while,they have offered to change the spoiler,live with that,bolt on job but as for the leather items ,dont want the dash removed never the same when messed with.as i said earlier at this level ,600 cars they should be treated as royalty,after all the customers in the uk were picked for being loyal to the brand ''thanks'' my wife recently had her new vw jetta turn up for work ,perfect, not a mark on it,come on porsche dont let your customers down.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
Have you collected it now?

Old 08-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Ask for $50k discount then go drive it the way it was meant to be driven.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Golden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished road
no gt3rs, refused to ,put it back to porsche to come up with the right plan ,this car was a keeper, part of the pension plan, want it right. no where in the brochure it offers snags and faults as a no cost option.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member

Last edited by Golden Crust; 08-12-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
WOW. That is fantastic looking.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks awesome, too bad its not perfect for you.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Brilliant! Congratulations again. I hope you get to get behind the wheel soon.

Quick Reply: Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)